Magnum intake drilling plate project

-
What's the rental price gonna be?

Got 2 more holes to drill and tap, the angled 2. Also may need to open the holes up a bit on the second plate but will see when I bolt it up to the longblock to drill.

20191018_203559.jpg

20191018_205537.jpg

20191018_203604.jpg

20191018_203559.jpg

What is it? that you are using to locate the device on the head?

Locate the correct location for drilling magnum heads for a LA intake pattern. For theguys going the budget route.

Use the end bolts on the first plate, center bolts on the second plate.

Locate the correct location for drilling magnum heads for a LA intake pattern. For theguys going the budget route.

I know what they are for LOL

I still do not understand what locates the plate on the head. The mag intake holes are angled. What is it specifically that the plates index to so that they are in the right position?

The end holes are drilled at same angle as the magnum bolts, the pipe nipples on those 2 are cut to allow the plates to be bolted up as normal using the bolts to index the plate. The additional pipe nipples are set up to align and maintain the angle for the holes to be drilled. On the second plate the already drilled and tapped holes do the indexing allowing the end holes to be drilled and then tapped. I'm doing it with the materials I have on hand with exception of the nipples that I bought.

The end holes are drilled at same angle as the magnum bolts, the pipe nipples on those 2 are cut to allow the plates to be bolted up as normal using the bolts to index the plate. The additional pipe nipples are set up to align and maintain the angle for the holes to be drilled. On the second plate the already drilled and tapped holes do the indexing allowing the end holes to be drilled and then tapped. I'm doing it with the materials I have on hand with exception of the nipples that I bought.

THANK YOU!!! That is excellent.

Ok at a stopping point for a couple weeks as I head for Louisiana tomorrow morning.

Ok got the plates made up but want to fine tune them. Different nipples etc. Got the first head drilled as seen. The other one of the angled bolt and nipple has a broken end bolt so thats why the different mockup.

20191020_181814.jpg

20191020_181822.jpg

20191020_182513.jpg

20191020_182956.jpg

20191020_182953.jpg

Correct. Either Eddy RPM air gap, or Chinese knock off air gap. Mopar performance made a nice dual plane (non air gap) and a single plane, but they messed up by making them too early, meaning magnums were fairly new and nobody was swapping them into older vehicles. Mopar got out as sells were down, so we have our two choices - unless you drill :) I asked Johnny Mac to make a nice dual plane (non air gap) that sells for 200 bucks, and it would go. More magnum swaps than ever, and not everyone wants a air gap
Hey you for got one. Lol indy cylinder heads makes a single plane for magnum heads. I have one on my 2000 360 magnum. I lucked out and bought mine for $300 shipped brand new. I think they are over $500 now. At the time I was wanting to buy a mopar m1 magnum intake. But every one I found was listed for $600 or more. So with that said I hope the OP gets his plates made. Best of luck to the op

Screenshot_20191022-230329_Facebook.jpg

Hey you for got one. Lol indy cylinder heads makes a single plane for magnum heads. I have one on my 2000 360 magnum. I lucked out and bought mine for $300 shipped brand new. I think they are over $500 now. At the time I was wanting to buy a mopar m1 magnum intake. But every one I found was listed for $600 or more. So with that said I hope the OP gets his plates made. Best of luck to the op

Screenshot_20191019-194103_Photos.jpg

Ok did not have time at the house to finish this project but will finish it next time I'm home. After that I'll send them to you Jab

Added a few tabs on the plates tonight and seems to index better. Yes those welds are not pretty but... my welder is crap.

20191209_202529.jpg

20191209_202523.jpg

When you drill each hole, do you move the tube to keep the drill bit straight? Do you drill by hand or in a drill press? Maybe someone could do a "Magnum drilling for dummies" tutorial.....lol.

On the tube it depends on how many nipples you buy. The nipples are consumables in this case. If you have a drill press you can set it up on that or just use a hand drill. The way this is set up you bolt it on with the end bolts, then drill all the center holes. Tap them then use the center bolts to hold the 2nd plate in place to finish.

-
Back