Magnum intake drilling plate project

-
1583427910329-186157913.jpg

Please note the special tennis shoes that I'm wearing. These are special orthopedic shoes it cost me approximately $250 new. So I am going to wear them till they fall off my feet. Lol

5/16 was my intake bolt size. That is what fit stock in all the bolt holes I tested.

I have been drilling dry with a cordless drill.
I used the same bit for all 12 holes.
I am using spray grease on the tap.

I did manage to finish those last two holes up at about 4 in the morning.

Cast iron, at least that which is used in blocks and heads, is pretty easy to drill. THE WARNING is when the drill breaks through on the other side. The drill can "catch" and break a chunk---sometimes a fair sized one---out of and around the exit hole. You don't want to just "slam" out the other side

I sold the intake in post 76 for $25 at the Swap meet.
I have a few more of them laying around here somewhere.
But I did replace it with an LD 340 from the swap.
An sent the heads off to be milled and checked over.

I have a couple questions
1)Are the nipples (tubes) used as a guide for the drill bit? Is that what that's for?
2) can this be done with the head still on the engine or does it need to be removed?
3) can you put me on the list but as a floater? Lol I don't want to hold up other people I have alot of other stuff to do before I need it and I dont want to hold anyone else up.

I have a couple questions
1)Are the nipples (tubes) used as a guide for the drill bit? Is that what that's for?
2) can this be done with the head still on the engine or does it need to be removed?
3) can you put me on the list but as a floater? Lol I don't want to hold up other people I have alot of other stuff to do before I need it and I dont want to hold anyone else up.
Wait a minute you're going with the Magnum motor after all?...

Wait a minute you're going with the Magnum motor after all?...
No not for the dart I plan on swapping out the 318 in my truck in favor of the 360 I have and I thought about running a carburetor on it. I did however weigh my options about putting it in my dart but I decided to stick with my plan. I'm almost there gotta stick with the plan. Hopefully in a month or so I can order my pistons and drop my engine off at the machinist. Seems like everytime i get some extra money saved up something else happens to spend it on. Haha

Yes the nipples are acting as guides. The way the plates are currently heads have to be off.

Steve, how did you find the correct angle to drill the end holes on the first plate?
Attached the plates to a set of heads and drilled from the back side. That head would now need helicoils on the ends to fit a magnum intake.

Don't anybody get their panties in a bunch. Soon as I get these things re-welded I'll be shipping them. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Got the call from the shop that they are now welded. They're not open on weekends so I'll get them shipped on monday.
Message me your address if you haven't already done so.

Don't anybody get their panties in a bunch. Soon as I get these things re-welded I'll be shipping them. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
This guy??:wtf: Alot of attitude coming from a newbie with 25 posts!! :rolleyes:

Do you have a problem? I asked a question on this thread because I was told 3 weeks ago that he was done with them. Then no response afterwards. I’ll make it easy for you all. Keep the damn things and I’ll just buy an intake. Not worth all the drama. Don’t commit to something and not follow through if you don’t wanna get called out on it. I’ve never seen grown men act like children as these last couple posts. I didn’t know that my question was “getting panties in a bunch” or “ a lot of attitude”. I don’t have time to sit on here all day like some of you so naturally I don’t have a bunch of posts. If the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee you would be hounding me to hurry up and send them out.
Maybe I can help, though I'm not part of the deal. I know Jadaharabi personally and he's a good guy. I understand your frustration, but he's taken sick, and even sick he had them fixed because they were falling apart and he'll send them. "undies in a bundle" is just a term, and he asked for your understanding and patience.

Do you have a problem? I asked a question on this thread because I was told 3 weeks ago that he was done with them. Then no response afterwards. I’ll make it easy for you all. Keep the damn things and I’ll just buy an intake. Not worth all the drama. Don’t commit to something and not follow through if you don’t wanna get called out on it. I’ve never seen grown men act like children as these last couple posts. I didn’t know that my question was “getting panties in a bunch” or “ a lot of attitude”. I don’t have time to sit on here all day like some of you so naturally I don’t have a bunch of posts. If the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee you would be hounding me to hurry up and send them out.

Chill out Blondie.
Took a year for Stephen to make them. Took me 2 weeks to get them rewelded. I've been sick for weeks. If you don't want to use them they'll go to the next person in line.

I asked a question and everyone’s getting uptight. Don’t want them anymore. You can take me off the list and send them to the next guy.

Yeah your post #92 just struck me wrong after all the crap I've been thru the last month or so.

Not a big deal to me. I’m not a mind reader and don’t know or care to know your personal life story. Bottom line- I asked because you didn’t reply to me and everyone wants to act like pricks. Wasn’t trying to make anyone’s blood pressure go through the roof. My life will go on just fine without the head plates.

You have a nice day now.

Yea I actually do have a problem. With you! Your on here bitching and complaining about a FREE tool that wasnt made by you that Steve is nice enough to loan out for FREE and your bitching because you have waited ?? Jada has been sick and steve works outta town maybe that's why you haven't heard anything? Did you ever consider anyone but yourself before you started screaming about it's been 3 weeks and still no word? Like I said you have 25 post and gonna start calling out members that have helped build this great site so yea I have a problem with that!

-
Back