Magnum pushrods

-

douglas340

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if I can use the magnum pushrods in a LA SB?
I'm running a solid roller and need a size 7.34 inch chromoly pushrod(ball & cup)that comp cams sell off the shelf but they suit a Magnum engine.

Solid roller with LA adjustable rockers you need cup/ball, which Magnums are ball/ball. You could swap to ball adjusters (female socket), but I doubt it would nail your length needs off the shelf with a hydraulic roller Magnum pushrod. Good luck though!

Hi, just wondering if I can use the magnum pushrods in a LA SB?
I'm running a solid roller and need a size 7.34 inch chromoly pushrod(ball & cup)that comp cams sell off the shelf but they suit a Magnum engine.

As mentioned Magnum pushrods are ball/ball AND they are just under 7 inches.
6.936 or some such number.

Sorry I've stuffed up there! Magnum is the Comp Cam brand not the style of engine lol.
The 7.34 measurement, would that be from inside the cup or overall length?

Those MAY work, as long as the base circle isn't too small on the cam and the pushrod seat height is identical on the solid roller lifters you have and a flat tappet lifter (doubtful).

what rockers?
get your geometry right B 4 ordering pushrods lots of threads on this with good pics right now
mathematically you measure to the center of the ball and cup

practically they measure from end to end flat spots on the ends for hollow pushrods are not well defined
do your lifters have oil through the pushrod capability? helps

-
Back