magnum serpentine belt setup

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the magnum serpentine belt setup with just the water pump, alternator and a/c compressor? Pics would be awesome along with any other info. Thanks.

Did that. Go to "Photo Garage" and look up "Triumphman." It is about 4 or 5 pages back. Black 75 with red engine bay. Any questions, let me know.

I did not use any thing to replace the PS pulley. I used a underdrive pulley on the water pump, due to running a 3.91 gear.
The tensioner is on the passenger side. The set up is from a 1999 Dakota 5.9 R/T. Had to try a few belts to get the correct one for the system to work. Have no issues with cooling, A/C or alternator.

Good luck.
Note: You will not need an underdrive pulley to make it work. As mentioned, just have to try a few belts to find one that fits correctly.

Hope this helps.... This is the belt diagram. The Tensioner is mounted to the right head. It is a factory mounting with pully.
If you are using the factory set up, and should, be sure to go with the Magnum ALT and A/C compressor with a low profile outlet on the A/C compressor.
20200425_195820.jpg

This shows how close the belt gets, however it does not interfere with anything.
20200425_193742.jpg

-
Back