magnum with 340 exhaust manifold exhaust leak

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
hey guys i got a driver side exhaust leak on my 318 magnum. i used the magnum exhaust manifolds gaskets with a 340 driver manny, should i of had used la 318 gaskets? also i read some people had to grind off a part of the block to run 340 manifolds?

iv'e got an 01 5.2 in my 72 dart with a 340 manifold. i don't know, maybe i'm lucky but it's never leaked in the 3 plus years it's been in there. i have heard about shaving a motor mount ear down, but i didn't have to. dave.

iv'e got an 01 5.2 in my 72 dart with a 340 manifold. i don't know, maybe i'm lucky but it's never leaked in the 3 plus years it's been in there. i have heard about shaving a motor mount ear down, but i didn't have to. dave.
hey yeah i figured it out i had to shave of some metal were the 340 manny exits right around the 5 and 7 chambers now i can hear the radio! lol

Remflex gaskets you won't be sorry.
Yup i have them on my slant six work great! they are pretty thick and would of helped the clear the rubbing on the head. they would of saved me some time at least i know for the next time! Thanks

Yup i have them on my slant six work great! they are pretty thick and would of helped the clear the rubbing on the head. they would of saved me some time at least i know for the next time! Thanks
I had a heck of a hiss on drivers side manifold . It was tightened to the point I was afraid of snapping studs. I heard about remflex and bought a set . I torqued to specks , haven't heard anything since , its been two years.

-
Back