Making it official, 1971 Duster 340, C7

-
Who cares she is gorgeous! I love the color, I mean it is not Sublime but it is striking!We paint our motors that color! Hehehehe!
Just had an appraisal done last week, should have the results in a day or two, but in a brief call from the appraiser yesterday to verify the mileage, it will be around $18k. Not bad for a car we bought in 2011 for $2250.00. LOL

That's a great lookin' Duster. I work in Leroy and live in Penfield, I hope to see that Duster Cruisin' around! I hope to have my Val/Bro on the road next summer.

That's a great lookin' Duster. I work in Leroy and live in Penfield, I hope to see that Duster Cruisin' around! I hope to have my Val/Bro on the road next summer.

I’m 10 minutes from Leroy.

PCore? Lapp? Bob Johnson? Leroy Plastics?

Is there anywhere else to work in Leroy LOL?

Val/Bro? Do tell…

Since you opened that door, I'm gonna kick it open. My 1976 Pontiac Ventura, currently 41,800 miles on the clock, numbers matching, original except for wear items that I replaced for safety, and I added a dual outlet muffler. Boasts a 260 cubic inch 2 barrel Olds V8, TH350 trans, and a 10 bolt diff. Nice cruiser, but completely gutless with it's 105 HP.
View attachment 1715968855

I soooooo appreciate any of these old cars that are still with us. Time capsules. That’s an amazing find and sounds well preserved. I love it.

DE73B5A9-95F7-4D43-B89A-B30DB4C772E9.jpeg

I’m 10 minutes from Leroy.

PCore? Lapp? Bob Johnson? Leroy Plastics?

Is there anywhere else to work in Leroy LOL?
Docent at the Jell-O museum or pinsetter at the American Legion bowling alley.

Welcome make yourself at home, beer in the fridge and enjoy some good people we have here.

Sublime one said we even allow pictures of Fords here but since no one posted any I thought I'd post a picture of the best Ford ever made. lol
20191004_212722.jpg

Sublime one said we even allow pictures of Fords here but since no one posted any I thought I'd post a picture of the best Ford ever made. lolView attachment 1715971332
Cmon Fred, ya gotta show these boys the door placard! Since you did add the Ford pix I figured I would add “ the rest of the story”

AA8C44E2-D625-488A-9177-5F9853FB7469.jpeg

Just showed this thread to my mother. She’s still laughing. You guys are awesome. Been having a great time on the site BTW.
:rofl:

And of course she absolutely loved the pic of Dad and Grandma with their Ford. Got emotional…
I see you're from Churchville. Dad was a US History teacher at CCCS from 1967 until he retired in 1989. Any chance you were in high school there those years? My Step Mom, who he met there and married in 1970, was a French and Latin teacher. She retired shortly after he did.

Well, it's a true "H" code car, VS29H1E......
The original engine is no longer in it. It had a 360 in it for some time but now it has another 340 in it dated 2/69. Very nice lift on the cam and sounds amazing. 4-speed. Still has the factory shifter (and boy is it sloppy LOL). Without pulling the rear end apart to find the gear ratio I was under the impression it had 4.10's. But when I did the wheel spin vs. drive shaft rotation I come up with closer to 3.91. Regardless, she's a head snapper. Edelbrock 1411, 750cfm carb, MS, MB(4 drums), All the metal appears original except for a quarter replaced on the passenger side. The paint is 20-25 years old from what I gathered. Beautiful 10 foot car. LA born and raised until 2017.

I spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting and repairing some electrical issues she came with. Still have a non functional Rallye dash but now I'm comfortable driving it. Going to put some aftermarket gauges in there so I'm not running it blindly. I take it out once every few weeks during the hot rod season up here. Bit of a short window to be honest.

Did this car get repainted recently before you got it.

Sounds like a car that was for sale at Spring Fling once. Was purple but had some primer spots on it.

I see you're from Churchville. Dad was a US History teacher at CCCS from 1967 until he retired in 1989. Any chance you were in high school there those years? My Step Mom, who he met there and married in 1970, was a French and Latin teacher. She retired shortly after he did.
Mr. Lynd and Mr. Bartolotta come to mind, IIRC. Met my wife in CCHS in '88. Left Churchville middle of '89 and finished last (2) years of HS down in southern tier NY, Fillmore to be exact.

Yep. That sure looks like it. Maybe I can find some pictures of it.

It was a good deal I thought. The bummer was the 360. IIRC, under $6K or $8k at THAT time. I can’t really remember the year though.

Did it have a fender tag?
The 360 is adios. '69 340 is in it now. Yes, it has a fender tag.

The 360 is adios. '69 340 is in it now. Yes, it has a fender tag.

I’m sure I posted a picture of it when it was at the show. Would be on one of the old Spring Fling big threads here.

I want to say an FABO member @john dodge from Australia was considering buying it or bought it.

I’m sure I posted a picture of it when it was at the show. Would be on one of the old Spring Fling big threads here.

I want to say an FABO member @john dodge from Australia was considering buying it or bought it.
June 2017 a fellow FABO member sold it according to the archives here. Looks like it still had the 360 in it at that point. Primer spots were present in his for sale pics. From there it went to Idaho then eventually Florida according to the paper trail that I bought it with.

-
Back