Making progress, but not on the Barracuda

-

Brad4406

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, Ops Check Good! I'd post a 5 sec video of it running, but I don't know how.

I finally wired up a dedicated 30A 110v circuit to the attached garage. I got tired of constantly going to the basement to reset the 15A breaker for the garage/outside outlets. I couldn't run my drill press for more than 3 seconds and I used to have a problem with it constantly popping whenever I welded as well. Finally, I can run the drill press or welder on this circuit without that issue any longer.

I know, it looks a bit tacky running conduit outside the wall, but when I attempted to drill the 2X4 for that wall from the attic, I found there was metal, almost like a piece of flashing, between the two 2X4s. The spade bit wouldn't cut through it and I figured that is the only wall I went on the outside of, even when the breaker box is on the opposite side of the house in the basement. At least I painted everything flat white to match the wall.

Next will be finishing up the 30A 220v circuit, on the other side of the window, I wired for the 6.5hp 60 gal compressor next to the drill press.

0122171142.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you mods for moving this post. As soon as I posted it, I realized I had placed it in the wrong area.

My garage is just jammed! Lots of woodworking stuff from Dad passing and its frustrating not having the room to use everything.
Have fun.

My garage is just jammed! Lots of woodworking stuff from Dad passing and its frustrating not having the room to use everything.
Have fun.
Sorry about your dad passing.

Mine is always a bit tight. Fortunately my wife suggested years ago that I park my daily driver on the side of the garage where all my equipment is so I can easily access it when necessary. Unfortunately she didn't recommend that until right after I herniated 2 discs and shifted a vertebrae in my back after I couldn't get to my cherry picker to lift my Dana when I got out home after purchase.

Ha, that is good. I can't say I've ever seen a setup like that before. I also can't say I'd want to live anywhere that has a sign like that.

it kind of reminds of this "extension cord" i have
at some point my parents who live in the Netherlands had bought us some babyphones (you know, the kind of one way intercom that lets you spy on your kids while they are sleeping)
well, of course these came with Dutch plugs, and their electrical system runs 220volts BUT this 220 goes into an adapter that puts out 9 volts

so i looked at the back of the adapter and sure enough, it say "input 100-230v"
so i went to the local hardware shop and bought a extension cord replacement socket and when i got home i bought an extension cord at wallyworld, cut the socket of and installed the one i bought in the Netherlands

i now have an extension cord that plugs into an American wall outlet and allows me to plug in the Dutch babyphones

and then i got to thinking...well, why not go the other way around?
so i looked, and sure enough, my laptop adapter and my phone charger both say the same "input 100-230v"
so down to lowes i went and bout a junction box, 4 wall outlets and a cover plate
i wired that up to a few foot of left over electrical wire i had and next time i went to visit my parents i bought a replacement plug, installed it and now i have 4 US style outlets in my room at my parents house in the Netherlands to plug my laptop and phone charger into

it kind of reminds of this "extension cord" i have
at some point my parents who live in the Netherlands had bought us some babyphones (you know, the kind of one way intercom that lets you spy on your kids while they are sleeping)
well, of course these came with Dutch plugs, and their electrical system runs 220volts BUT this 220 goes into an adapter that puts out 9 volts

so i looked at the back of the adapter and sure enough, it say "input 100-230v"
so i went to the local hardware shop and bought a extension cord replacement socket and when i got home i bought an extension cord at wallyworld, cut the socket of and installed the one i bought in the Netherlands

i now have an extension cord that plugs into an American wall outlet and allows me to plug in the Dutch babyphones

and then i got to thinking...well, why not go the other way around?
so i looked, and sure enough, my laptop adapter and my phone charger both say the same "input 100-230v"
so down to lowes i went and bout a junction box, 4 wall outlets and a cover plate
i wired that up to a few foot of left over electrical wire i had and next time i went to visit my parents i bought a replacement plug, installed it and now i have 4 US style outlets in my room at my parents house in the Netherlands to plug my laptop and phone charger into
Good idea.

-
Back