Mancini Racing adjustable pushrod

-

jacko241

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Mancini adjustable push rod? I got one for my Duster to use with their aluminum master cylinder and adapter kit. It was way too long adjusted to it's shortest. So I called and the guy who answered said, "Oh yeah, you have to cut a 1/2 inch off each piece for A bodies". No mention of that on the website or in the provided instructions. So I did that, and guess what? Still too long. So I had to cut more off the the threaded rod end, and use a die to thread it further up the rod, and I had to do the same to the female end, thread it deeper. Anyone else have a similar experience?

You should have had a general idea before you ordered. I wouldn't blame Mancini shop. They make lot of different lengths for a reason. Maybe even a #2 pencil as a reference starting point?

You should have had a general idea before you ordered. I wouldn't blame Mancini shop. They make lot of different lengths for a reason. Maybe even a #2 pencil as a reference starting point?
I did know how long I needed. The website, nor the person I spoke to on the phone could tell me the adjustment range, he just assured me it would work on my manual brake A body.

Had better luck dealing with Dr. Diff. His stuff is right on the money. No extra modifications required.

I should have used them, I will know better next time. Mancini recommend a master cylinder for my disc/drum setup that did not have a residual valve in the rear brake port, but failed to mention that.
I had to or a Wilwood 10 psi valve and wait another 3 days.

I bought that adjustable push rod from Mancini as well and it is way too long for my '67 Barracuda manual disc master cylinder. (converted to '74 big bolt brakes)

-
Back