manual trans TQ on auto car

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
so would there be any issues running a 4spd TQ on auto car?, i have the options of a 71 auto trans TQ, or a 72 manual trans TQ, im leaning towards the 72

71 thermo is more desirable...way more!!

I've probably seen a 1000 TQ''s , but only one original '71TQ. That said, I have no idea where you go for some replacement parts on those, either.

so would there be any issues running a 4spd TQ on auto car?, i have the options of a 71 auto trans TQ, or a 72 manual trans TQ, im leaning towards the 72
the manual version doesn't have the arm to connect the kickdown linkage.
The auto TQs are much more common than the manual versions.
best get an auto TQ for an automatic car, improper kickdown can lead to transmission failure

the 72 Manual is 6138 so you need a 6139 which is the same carb but made for an automatic and much easier to find than a 6138.

I have the opposite because I have a 6139 on a 4 speed car which works because the arm for the kickdown is not used.

71 thermo is more desirable...way more!!

Please tell us why. The 71 is air metered. Makes it almost impossible to tune and stay tuned. 'Swhy Chrysler replaced all they could with the 72 and up design. They are all but impossible to find parts for. So just who are they desirable to? The select VERY few who want a 71 carburetor for their concourse correct 71 340 powered Mopar? That's a mighty SMALL bunch of desirable.

i have manual valve body so kickdown is of no concern,the 71 tq's have been redone by harms, as are the 72s

-
Back