Map light bulb 64 convertible

-

64conv65hard

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What type of bulb is used for the under dash map light on a 64 Valiant convertible? Destroyed the bulb trying to get it out with needle nose pliers to the point that I can't see any identification numbers on the brass.

Destroyed the bulb trying to get it out with needle nose pliers to the point that I can't see any identification numbers on the brass.

I did the exact same thing. I looked the number up in the Owner's Manual. Bought new bulbs from NAPA .
So far so good but....I have not been able to get the new one into the socket. Its almost like the new ones are dimensionally challenged.

I did the exact same thing. I looked the number up in the Owner's Manual. Bought new bulbs from NAPA .
So far so good but....I have not been able to get the new one into the socket. Its almost like the new ones are dimensionally challenged.
I had to take mine out and apart , clean and lube everything and sand down the side locator tabs a bit since they swelled up in floridas humid air. once that was done it went back together (still tighter than heck but I got it in.) now to finish up the lens pieces that I broke. First try wasn't so good , got the translucence factor wrong. and bubbles(but I didn't degas it either,just mixed and poured.) next try should work but I want a clear"ish" one this time it does fit and work but looks UGLY!!!!

20151223_104813.jpg
20151223_104822.jpg

-
Back