MapleGrove RaceWay, Pa Sat Oct 12

-

MiradaMegaCab

Reaction score
D1091CCA-0A0C-46E9-AE05-1A20EF7A7328.jpeg

https://maplegroveraceway.com/

Link is confusing.
Can you just post here what is going on that day?
Is it a show and go?
Thanks.

Yeah, unfortunately MapleGroves website sucks. No advertising or show flyer, for that matter......
There’s a car show with some 60’s and 70’s Mopars but most of the show field is modern era Mopars. It’s a Mopar only event with 1/4 mile racing on site.
As most already know, EnglishTowns RaceWay Park in NJ closed it’s 1/4 track.
MapleGrove RaceWay is currently up for sale... So it’s days are also numbered.
This use to be sponsored by Mopar Action Magazine and was also in the Mega Mopar Series events......

Show field, vendors, pits and racetrack are all well within walking distance.

FYI, after what happened last year, Maple Grove asked the Delaware Valley Mopar Association to come back to handle the show field for this year's show. There has been little communication from the track, but the DVMA posted this on their Facebook page Events section the other day () :

"Hello Everyone! I just wanted to keep you updated on the Mopar Madness Show at Maple Grove Raceway.

The showfield will be divided into 2 sections...Vintage and Modern Era with the dividing line being the year 2000. This is not a hard line but a general rule.

Vintage classes will be thoroughly judged, not just glanced over. This means convertible tops up after 12 pm and trunks open and clean. If you have a trunkfull of traveling items, please stow them under the car after 12 pm.

2000 and Newer - It is extremely difficult to thoroughly judge modern era Mopars when usually the only difference is a matter of who has the most dust. Instead, the modern era cars will be judged on a combination of presentation, uniqueness, cleanliness, display, and the overall feel of the car. We will NOT compare stock with modified. Modified cars will be compared with each other as will stock cars.

Modern Era - We will have top 25 awards. Half stock and half modified. The extra award will go to the class with the most entries.

Vintage - As of now, these are the classes but the list is subject to change based on the entries that arrive...

A Body Stock
A Body Modified

B Body Stock
B Body Modified

C Body Stock
C Body Modified

E Body Stock
E Body Modified

Trucks Stock
Trucks Modified

Front Wheel Drive Stock
Front Wheel Drive Modified

Jeeps

AMC

Disco Era Cars

Radical Customs

Dodge Viper

As I said, there may be changes and additions or subtractions but this is a good general guide.

The Delaware Valley Mopar Association will be handling the car show portion of the event. Maple Grove Raceway will be responsible for the rest of the days activities. Thank you! We look forward to seeing everyone there!!"

I'm cleaning out my garage and selling at the swap meet... note... this is not a for sale post from me... hope to have the Duster done to take but it's up in the air... hope to see some of you guys there. Mike

The car show was relatively small but had some nice cars.

The swap meet was really small, I picked up some rear spring hangers.

The drag racing was non stop and had a great mix of old school and newer HellCats.

The misses and I consumed plenty of “Kool Aid” and spent Sunday and Monday at Strasburg Steam Rail Road, sort of multi tasking. Alittle off subject but we stayed at The Red Caboose Inn, visited the Toy Train Museum, took a ride on a Steam Train and visited the Train Museum consisting of real trains.
It’s in Amish Country and we did the horse and buggy tour.

Overall it was a great extended weekend.
E83219AB-829A-408F-A32B-3614922E21FB.jpeg
23211CB8-2450-4FEE-A801-42BEEB696F53.jpeg
846F3306-5E74-4582-B557-6B6CD984D57D.jpeg
D5333138-E20F-492B-8FDF-60417A6AC8AC.jpeg
853D9B6B-FD1B-46E3-B76B-B4384F57E387.jpeg

I was actually camping right down the road from Strasburg on Rt 30 Thursday nite thru Sunday. Was gonna swing by on Saturday as a spectator but went to the Hershey Flea market instead.

Gorgeous Mrs. I might ad.

-
Back