March 7th 2021 - The fish out of water in Pebble Beach

-

Mopar Vince

I'd rather push my Mopar than drive any Ford
Reaction score
A friend sent me info on this cruise from San Jose to the "world famous" Pebble Beach 17 mile drive. I don't do Facebook so it was just a screen shot of the info.
Well it sounded like a good test for the car as it would be freeway, city, stop and go and idling, so we decided to go.
So at 7am, we left from Watsonville California and over highway 152 (Mt Maddona).
Then we took the curvy back roads past Uvas reservoir and Calero lake into San Jose.
#projectvertfish was an absolute blast to drive and was running great.
Once we got to the Bass Pro meet up spot I realized that this is a Kia Stinger club event. (I called them Stinkers all day.)
Talk about a fish out of water.
We all left and went over highway 17 towards Santa Cruz. I was leading the pack of 25 or so cars (because if you not first your last...am I right?) when my Waze app called out "police reported ahead". So I slowed down and moved over behind a hippie bus with surfboards on top. But the first 3 Stinkers must've thought I was having issues as they zipped past me at 80+ mph....and also right past the CHP. All 3 got tickets. Whew! Thank you Waze!
Then 45 miles south on highway 1 from Santa Cruz to Monterey and the famous 17 mile drive through Pebble Beach.
It was a sunny 70 degrees and an awesome day!
If your ever in the San Francisco/ Santa Cruz area, this is a great drive in your muscle car or rental car. I highly recommend it.
Enjoy!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sgawku7YrCUhEc3D6

-
Back