massive reconfiguration time again.

-
20171111_115724.jpg
I just wanted a reminder for myself at very least of where the car was at just weeks before I started that damn truck project that lasted 4 months.

So what is your master mind plan going to happen to the pink 318 and auto?

I thought you did a great job on that "damn truck".
I appreciate that! The thing is is I was hoping just throw a tuneup on that truck and be able to drive around till I could really work on it in the spring like I still plan to. This car should have been long gone by now.

I appreciate that! The thing is is I was hoping just throw a tuneup on that truck and be able to drive around till I could really work on it in the spring like I still plan to. This car should have been long gone by now.

You mean this car should have been long done by now right?

I finally sold my little Nissan truck because I got that Dodge in a daily driver position now. Any guesses on where the majority of that money went? Lol I mean no LOL
Tax what you already own is BS, I have rental property, they eat me up.
And all your old cars here, if you have antique tags they appreciate, my old 48 Willys the taxes are higher on it than my 03 Wrangler.

So I'm cutting my first "hole in the hood". I cut a small about 6 inch by 12 inch hole so far as a exploratory start.
Of course the drivetrain is an inch and 3/16 towards the passenger side. And that's about where the scoop looks like it wants to go. I want to make my own homemade hood scoop. I'm not sure I actually want to cut the hole to fit the scoop but what I have for scoop material seems to come out to about the right size of hole that I will need. On the driver's side I have the throttle linkage, but even more so on the passenger side protrudes out for the fuel rail and pressure gauge (the expensive liquid-filled one that quit working within a week or two and is now plugged in and sealed and don't want to F with it. &$#@+?!!)
So I'm just wondering about getting the hole lopsided over to the passenger side and how that would look? Or, is that the look? Having a tucked over to the passenger side a little more gives me a better line of view? It will be centered over the carburetors. Yeah I'm all over all over the map, I could use some inspiration on a Direction.
Any experience would sure be appreciated?

I'm trying to creep up on it, not make it too big too quick LOL I knew you guys would want some pictures or at least a picture.
IMG_20180317_204703.jpg

I center the scoop and offset the hole.

In your case it probably won't matter because the scoop is clear and you'll see the hole. I may just offset the scoop in your case.

I center the scoop and offset the hole.

In your case it probably won't matter because the scoop is clear and you'll see the hole. I may just offset the scoop in your case.
So then that's look too? that's supposed to be! ??

Well it looks like I'm swinging out here on my own on this and I'm going to be the pioneer. (Seem to have done it with that one off headliner so Why Stop Now?) I sure was hoping I'd have a couple more opinions to bounce around but I sure do appreciate YR bouncing in here, thank you.
Maybe I'll quote cope and maybe he'll come in with something? He's an up-and-coming Young Gun with some bright ideas I'm sure.

Do your lexan windows go up and down?
Can you let me k ow how you attached the lexan to the regulator?
I wanna do lexan but I want to keep the roll up function. My pops car has fixed windows and it' NO FUN on hot days!
Hey I just quoted you to look at my post 263 here in page 11 and give me your two cents on that stupid scoop idea please.

The mail box hood scoop has been done, so maybe you could go steal the bread box off the kitchen counter and try it.
hey, you like to use what you have, don't you ?

I say no scoop, let the stacks stick out.

If you do go scoop, center it. Off set scoops are for turbo cars.....

On my car the stack sticks up off center and the scoop is center.

If I could find a good deal on a tunne ram I would go no scoop or a big hole and this scoop.

20180206_204032_zpsbroq6txs.jpg

The mail box hood scoop has been done, so maybe you could go steal the bread box off the kitchen counter and try it.

Who still has a bread box? I've personally never seen one, but then again, I'm only 39 years old.

Actually I wasn't planning on putting a big square box like a shoebox up there LOL I was more thinking of that width and length but changing the height and stance of it completely. Then of course tinting it like a gold or something from the inside like old school Gasser kind of look? Maybe throw in some old stickers on it and stuff? And definitely making it removable because I really just want a hole in the hood for the most part. And also when I do race the official hole in the hood class I can't have it at all. So it definitely must be easily detachable. Which reminds me of the song but that's another story.

I say no scoop, let the stacks stick out.

If you do go scoop, center it. Off set scoops are for turbo cars.....

On my car the stack sticks up off center and the scoop is center.

If I could find a good deal on a tunne ram I would go no scoop or a big hole and this scoop.

View attachment 1715154393
I knew you'd have something good damn it! Thank you! Okay just that picture you have exactly but kind of attached to the hood and not attached to the carburetors?

Who still has a bread box? I've personally never seen one, but then again, I'm only 39 years old.
We do. and from J's reply I'm pretty close to the look he's shooting for. 39, that explains a lot. lol

So far the problem with cutting the hole symmetrical with the hood is that it will get so freaking big because they'll be this big empty space on the driver side with nothing poking out of it. With the throttle linkage protruding out the driver side and the fuel rails protruding out the passenger side it kind of evens out and at that point starts becoming too wide, or wider than length or just a big Square LOL and definitely not trying to argue with anybody here just trying to juggle everybody's opinions and my own and come up with something good before I start cutting metal.

-
Back