massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Lift off hood or hinges?

With the lift off you can fit the hole right to the carbs, manifold. With hinges it'
Gonna be a big hole to allow for the hood to swing up.

Here's the view from down below looking above and I do have the hood squared up nicely stacked on little pieces of 4 x 4 all the way around so it's actually two and a half inch or so off of where it should be the three and a half inch plus the about inch it normally is off those inner fender wall rails.
IMG_20180318_170030.jpg

Lift off hood or hinges?

With the lift off you can fit the hole right to the carbs, manifold. With hinges it'
Gonna be a big hole to allow for the hood to swing up.
Just putting my Stock hood back on. I bought a spare Hood to do this On for 40 bucks but actually it's in better condition than my Stock hood LOL so I'm just using my stock one. That's another thing I need to calculate probably as how it's going to collapse Down On It from the correct direction? and have enough height to clear my velocity Stacks as it comes over? And not having to take the cleaners off every time I open or close the hood!

When I cut the hole in the hood on my Vette, I started small, and then just kept cutting it a little larger until everything cleared, then added an extra inch all the way around for engine movement.

IMG_20180318_182308.jpg
IMG_20180318_180547.jpg

I have the hood centered and about 3 in off of where it should be. The tops of the penta stars are the correct hight of the air cleaners. Everything is one and a quarter inches shifted towards the passenger which I don't think looks too bad. You can see on the driver side where the x's are and the other line how far over a dead space it would be.

Know it's your car and not mine but I still say no scoop.
If you are gonna run that scoop I think it needs to come down a out 4 more inches.

You want the top of the scoop about an inch off the top of the stacks. IMO.

Know it's your car and not mine but I still say no scoop.
If you are gonna run that scoop I think it needs to come down a out 4 more inches.

You want the top of the scoop about an inch off the top of the stacks. IMO.
Agreed totally! So now if you're looking at that side view and I was actually cut it where that blue tape is which is perpendicular with the hood. It would drop 3 in correct? And now both it and the hood drop 3 in. Correct? I believe I have about six and a half inch from the top of that back pentastar which would be the top of the air filter to the inside top of that plastic as it sits on those glove boxes. Something to throw in the calculation I've always had the back air filter on a little 3/4 or 1 inch riser to kind of have its own little bit of fresh air it gets. So I could drop that down level with the front one and get more room back there but not much maybe another inch or so. Which would help lower the scoop a little bit. Or I could just get lower air filters and or lower those more to lower the scoop. But honestly I'm with you and don't want to be locked into no scoop I just really want a hole in the hood and it's quite funny that a 14 inch wide by 20 inch long hole is just about perfect for what I need and maybe I could just put this on and play with it a little bit once in awhile. Good chance I might think it's totally stupid and still never use it.

Okay I'm convinced LOL I know what I'm doing LOL it's two Portland time now I'm going to give everyone a half hour to convince me I'm crazy and at 2:30 I'm cutting the inside of that tape line. I ran some tape down the upper body line to give an idea of where it sets. 20 in long 14 in across.
IMG_20180319_135136.jpg

Looks good like it is.

Now show how big your garbanzos are and paint the hood gold.

When you are under 40, you can do cool stuff like that. At your age...maybe not...................

Now you just gotta throw those carbs in the dumpster and pick up two 450 CFM Holley.

Buy two of the HVH super sucker 2 inch spacers and be done!

then let all that awsome stick out in the wind.

When you're swinging a big hammer you don't hide it in the bag....

Now you just gotta throw those carbs in the dumpster and pick up two 450 CFM Holley.

Buy two of the HVH super sucker 2 inch spacers and be done!

then let all that awsome stick out in the wind.

When you're swinging a big hammer you don't hide it in the bag....
Well you know I'm just a hobbyist and Edelbrocks are better for us hobbyist. It took very little time learn how to tune one LOL. I know if I wanted a Max effort I would definitely get some Hollies but for the street and a little Hobby Action at the track that'll be just fine. The front one came with the car and the back one was a free one given to me as scrap metal by a Chevy guy who couldn't get the choke to work LOL. It's part of the Mystique of a car called "The Scrapper!" I like making on junk go fast LOL

-
Back