massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Above it with no support, I would look into routing it around the same way the factory line is run, and using braided steel lines.

Above it with no support, I would look into routing it around the same way the factory line is run, and using braided steel lines.
But that's my point I don't want the gas running along the motor and getting all heat soaked and then going up into the carburetors. I like it exactly the way it is. It's a hard line just connected with a 3-inch piece of rubber hose at each end. It is an electric pump I can just shut it off if there's any trouble.

Maybe I can have a little bracket coming off the front top of the carburetor over to it for support if that makes you feel more cozy? Might take me a few hours but....

Keep an eye on the rubber, the newer crap, seems to dry crack quickly.
I assume you keep a fire extinguisher in the car.

Dangling?

I sorta agree. Here is my fix. I would lengthen the fuel line enough to run it straight over to the fenderwell. Make up a 90, mount it to the fenderwell with a fuel line bracket and then run it wherever it's going. It will look neater and be more secure.

Just one old geezer's opinion.

My wife is an environmental engineer! I can't even get the carb cleaner that makes my harbor freight cheap plastic gloves melt! &_$#@!!?
Its the evaporating compounds that is bothering her. I suppose you know that though.

I sorta agree. Here is my fix. I would lengthen the fuel line enough to run it straight over to the fenderwell. Make up a 90, mount it to the fenderwell with a fuel line bracket and then run it wherever it's going. It will look neater and be more secure.

Just one old geezer's opinion.
I'm not getting your picture painted in my head. I know that's where I mounted my fuel pressure regulator before and had the same line going the same way. Nobody ever said nothing till the day it's been that way for 3 years! Now someone's worried about me dying?!

I'm not getting your picture painted in my head. I know that's where I mounted my fuel pressure regulator before and had the same line going the same way. Nobody ever said nothing till the day it's been that way for 3 years! Now someone's worried about me dying?!

Probably cause we never saw a picture of it before now. Just forget it. It'll be ok.

Looks very cool, like the 1980s vintage rod vibe I run. Next time u buy plug wires, I suggest moroso, they are the right length and blue to match the valve covers

Just buy a set of the ends, the're like 5 bucks. Cut the long ones, crimp new ends and re use your boots.

20180316_155408_zpsqwapztf9.jpg

Looks very cool, like the 1980s vintage rod vibe I run. Next time u buy plug wires, I suggest moroso, they are the right length and blue to match the valve covers
Thank you for this complement! I was shooting for 1978.
I'm afraid it may need old aluminum slots to complete the "vib"? Even though I love the Cragar SS's, I don't think it will give as vintage look as slots?

Is it alive? Is the car drivable now?

BTW, how's the third hand doing?
It's alive, I drove it to the corner and back. The alignment is far too off. The weather is raining til Wednesday. Have car trailer ready. Wife gets a new cast tomorrow. She called this last week and complained that it's getting dirty. As they do, but now it's so fast. Now it's just wrap it and put some catalyst on it.

Probably cause we never saw a picture of it before now. Just forget it. It'll be ok.
Another great compliment! I thought I showed too many pictures of this car? I try to show more of what I'm dealing with the car and what I've done then, look what I have! Unless of course I get a small package from Summit or something and then I'm like a kid in a candy store saying look what I got!
Besides that I wasn't shooting down your idea, I was just not getting the picture in my head??

Another great compliment! I thought I showed too many pictures of this car? I try to show more of what I'm dealing with the car and what I've done then, look what I have! Unless of course I get a small package from Summit or something and then I'm like a kid in a candy store saying look what I got!
Besides that I wasn't shooting down your idea, I was just not getting the picture in my head??

That's the first picture "I" have seen of your fuel line.

Fuel line could be better, yes. But, it must be safe, as it has passed race tech numerous times.
I'm not for busting jpar's balls, as he does perform some pretty nice work.
I overlook what I might do.

My thought was keeping the fuel away from the motor until it was needed. I guess I could 90 it straight underneath the alternator and weave up between the wires and the motor and the alternator and the water pump? And straight up to the line from there? My first time attempt at this car was more dragstrip purpose built. I wasn't looking to make things follow any OE format. We do realize that we are the only ones that would even notice something like this whatsoever? Only 10% of guys are Car Guys these days and only 10% of those even know what a Mopar motor looks like or does...
By the way does anybody know where I can get a big pair of black fuzzy dice!?

My thought was keeping the fuel away from the motor until it was needed. I guess I could 90 it straight underneath the alternator and weave up between the wires and the motor and the alternator and the water pump? And straight up to the line from there? My first time attempt at this car was more dragstrip purpose built. I wasn't looking to make things follow any OE format. We do realize that we are the only ones that would even notice something like this whatsoever? Only 10% of guys are Car Guys these days and only 10% of those even know what a Mopar motor looks like or does...
By the way does anybody know where I can get a big pair of black fuzzy dice!?

I can loan you my dice if you need them.

Your one chance to add something useful with your cracked machinist technology! What's your ideas on the heat soak of gasoline? Like I was saying turning the fuel off on the return in line to keep the hot fuel out or also at least not let it sit in the carburetors for 45 minutes in the 95 degree Heat while the motor exchanges heat with it?
I hope you read post 464? After alignment on Wednesday I'm ready?!!

you can have the dice, I had the scratch and sniff centerfold air freshener hanging from my mirror, way cool.
and a " if you value your life, don't f... with this car" decal on the wing window.

you can have the dice, I had the scratch and sniff centerfold air freshener hanging from my mirror, way cool.
and a " if you value your life, don't f... with this car" decal on the wing window.
I'm not sure I understand how yellow Rose can skip over my questions and "like" your post?

-
Back