massive reconfiguration time again.

-
an oldie but a goodie still working on it LOL well not really it's been cold and I've been working on other things but it's still right where it should be...

I should ad a day one picture. My girlfriend now wife following the rented U-Haul truck and trailer back from two hours north from Eugene...
20140311_185429.jpg

congrats.. I guess I didn't realize you are "newly weds". You found car and wife... that's a lot of happiness :)
4 years coming this August..
When she bought it for me (because I talked very fondly of my 72) and said it should have a "4 on the floor"! And drove past Seattle to get one I found on Craigslist on a day I had to work!??
Tell me what man wouldn't hear wedding bells??!!

Man that is a cool car. That's cool that you and your wife share that interest and work together with it. My wife don't really care at all. To her it's just a dumb old car I'm sinking money into lol. But she don't seem to mind do that's good lol

Well I'm back at this green paint again. I want to do the hard part that cowl and the roof..
I sanded it around the vents, but wanted to use paint stripper and sure enough I poured some in a tray and dropped it and splattered it all over my pants and shoes. I had gloves on and of course eye protection. Not that it got there but...
Anyways if I can get this Cawl done and up the sides of the frames I'll be happy..
IMG_20190309_125022.jpg

Don’t let the stripper go down in the cowl vent.

Don’t let the stripper go down in the cowl vent.
You kind of noticed I sanded that area without using stripper. It's too cold for the stripper, it's really not doing much. I used it about 4 times on the rest of it and it didn't even touch it. Tje most it did was try to run some of my clothes and my shoes! LOL
IMG_20190309_150551.jpg

Next time you use stripper, after brushing it on cover it with plastic or Saran Wrap.

Helps keep it moist so it can work longer.
I think my problem was how cold it was. I think the metal is like about 50 degrees or so when it says it likes it to be 65 degrees to 85 degrees. I'll have to try that on the roof as I go across. Everything else we're all the panels that I can take off the hood the fenders the doors and trunk lid are all done. And I did those in the summer out in the yard where I can scrape them and rinse them off with the hose. Now I'm stuck in the garage and it still isn't super warm in there..

Also I should mention the garage door is open with a fan and I'm wearing a respirator...

Helps keep it moist so it can work longer.
I wonder if it insulates it also? when we poured concrete foundations a lot of times we would leave the panels on for an extra day when it was cold so that chemical reaction that needed warmth would work.

When I start going across the roof that'll be a bigger area where I can lay some Saran Wrap across it..

I got my pants and shoes with the garden hose pretty quick. A dump that paint stripper all over myself right out of the gate. Right now they're in the washing machine and I'm hoping it's not going to come out in a million pieces LOL

Yea, to cold is a problem.

Wood burning pot belly stove time.
A small cam behind it is amazing by the way.

-
Back