massive reconfiguration time again.

-
I did tell the last winter. I cut the cage out, de-camed it, and made a bunch of changes for more street comfort. It's on the Shelf still glued to the timing cover with the March performance reduced pulley and smaller v- belt..
My full drag slicks and Skinny's are still on the Shelf, my lightweight race doors are out in the shed.
The name of the thread massive reconfiguration? I know you don't want to read from the beginning LOL but maybe the first post will start explaining I think..
Yea I knew that you did all that I just didn't know if you were still running the electric water pump. I read most of the thread a while back I never did finish lol

Actually yes I'm very detail-oriented. it's part of the good and bad of my personality. I also use my voice command on my phone for most everything and I try to go back and correct, but you are getting exactly how I would talk to you if you were here. That's what gets me crazy about some of these internet Heroes that talk a lot of crap that they wouldn't talk to somebody's face..
I tried that voice typing on my phone the other day it didn't work out too well for me.
1) apparently I talk like a southern hick and this thing doesn't understand me.
2) it types out wrong words and I dont catch them until three four words later so I have to go back and correct it. Lol
3) I feel really silly talking to my phone when no one is there haha.

No fan belt, electric fans...
Grab your common propane torch and at least check if it’s the basplate.
I have seen baseplates twist if they are tightened and not fully seated on the intake.
Of course being a used carb who knows, maybe lay a straight-edge across it.

Grab your common propane torch and at least check if it’s the basplate.
I have seen baseplates twist if they are tightened and not fully seated on the intake.
Of course being a used carb who knows, maybe lay a straight-edge across it.
Well now I've already put too much money and love into it and not have it running correctly. I'm just going to pass it on at the Swap Meet. Course I'm always honest I'll tell tjem I put a brand new rebuild kit in it and will show the current receipt for it. Also let them know I couldn't get it to idle...

That works,
What do you expect at a swap meet, assume the worst, hope for the best.

Last year at the Nats, a guy had a fairly high price on a standard bore 340 block, my cousin almost bought it until I looked it over real quick and seen epoxy over a crack, the block must have froze and cracked.
The guy swore up and down he did not know it was there.

Well it's raining today and no customer work so I went ahead and dug the rear-end out of the Duster and drove it up to the shop..
IMG_20190325_123620.jpg
IMG_20190325_123629.jpg
IMG_20190325_130604.jpg

Hardest part was getting it into the back of the truck by myself...
IMG_20190325_131502.jpg

IMG_20190325_131502.jpg

That works,
What do you expect at a swap meet, assume the worst, hope for the best.

Last year at the Nats, a guy had a fairly high price on a standard bore 340 block, my cousin almost bought it until I looked it over real quick and seen epoxy over a crack, the block must have froze and cracked.
The guy swore up and down he did not know it was there.
like I said I have to tell the truth, I can't sell it to somebody and tell them it worked perfect blah blah blah

Well it's raining today and no customer work so I went ahead and dug the rear-end out of the Duster and drove it up to the shop..
View attachment 1715309147 View attachment 1715309148 View attachment 1715309149
Hardest part was getting it into the back of the truck by myself...
View attachment 1715309156

View attachment 1715309151

Cherry picker.
Rear ends are heavy.
When I put the 8.75 in my Duster, I gave my step-son and his buddy $20 to lift the complete rear up in my Duster.
I am getting too old for heavy lifting.

Cherry picker.
Rear ends are heavy.
When I put the 8.75 in my Duster, I gave my step-son and his buddy $20 to lift the complete rear up in my Duster.
That's why I went ahead and emptied it out first..

Cherry picker.
Rear ends are heavy.
I found out how heavy them suckers are when I had to unload my 8.8 by myself.

Diff shop called and it's ready. I'll go get it and get started on reinstall in the morning, Lord willing...

Diff shop called and it's ready. I'll go get it and get started on reinstall in the morning, Lord willing...
Yay bunch of pu---ys , I`m 72 and put my dana 60 in by myself about 8 yrs ago , no lift either! JUST KIDDING GUYS !

Dang that was fast!
He probably gave the guy some homemade cookies when he dropped it off. he figured the sooner he got the job done, the sooner j par would bring some more of them delicious cookies.
You did share some of your cookies, didn't you j par ?

wide turns
I remember in high school my buddies dad had (Still has) a 70s Ford maverick drag car with a spool. I remember riding to school with him in that car and it would chirp the tires when he turned into a parking space! Lol we thought that we were so cool driving a race car to school ! Haha

He probably gave the guy some homemade cookies when he dropped it off. he figured the sooner he got the job done, the sooner j par would bring some more of them delicious cookies.
You did share some of your cookies, didn't you j par ?
Sorry I had to hit the disagree button on you twice! LOL even my wife has to ask permission to get some of my cookie she's made for me. Which reminds me thank you very much I wanted a couple cookies before I lift this damn thing off the tailgate of my truck ! Yes you are looking at two cookies from my secret stash of shortbread chocolate dip..
IMG_20190327_100252.jpg

:thumbsup:

Nice. cookies too.

Now you are going to do a breakin on the gears, right?

Btw that extra bracing that is cast into the housing tells us that you have a Dana 60HD. You definitely have a stout axle.

-
Back