massive reconfiguration time again.

-
One last touch here and I have my safety requirement covered. I didn't want to put it between the seats and have my hand dropping down and hitting it..
IMG_20190415_120541.jpg

One last touch here and I have my safety requirement covered. I didn't want to put it between the seats and have my hand dropping down and hitting it..
View attachment 1715320506
Imo you need to move your tack up on the dash some or at least have a shift light so you can keep your eyes on the road while shifting. My tack was on top of my column canted to the left some. But its alot smaller that that one it's small sunpro tacks

What is the 2nd little shifter for?? Is that reverse??

View attachment 1715320536
IMG_20190415_141514.jpg

Yes that's the reversed livre. it can only be used and pulled back on when the shifter is in neutral. I've given a crude drawing of kind of how it works. starting a Nutro when you lift the lever up you can put it up into first gear and when shifting to Second you just kind of snatch it back and it goes on to the second gear and rides over top of neutral. and when you go for 3rd gear you just slam it forward and it goes underneath first gear and drops down onto the bottom level. At that point you can just pull it back straight into 4th. Then downshifting you can go forward into 3rd gear or pop it into neutral and pull up and go into 2nd or 1st. If you go from third to Second you have to pull up as you go through. And then pull up in the first. But the idea for drag racing is once you set it up in the first it's just slam it backwards slam it forwards and slam it backwards. Underneath it also has stop settings so you don't push the shift Forks too far when you slam it. like I was saying I really like the second or third shift the best because you don't have to go up and over you just slam it forward. Much much faster... Also the first second and third fourth shift rods are small and straight instead of bent going around stuff.
I think it's funny that it gives the appearance of an automatic shifter and it even fooled this young Tech inspector at the track once cuz he goes "where's your transmission dipstick at
!?" LOL I said what?! It's a stick shift it doesn't have one...
also I had forgotten since the last time I put it in you have to flip the reverse lever on the transmission over and switch the first second third fourth leavers.

Imo you need to move your tack up on the dash some or at least have a shift light so you can keep your eyes on the road while shifting. My tack was on top of my column canted to the left some. But its alot smaller that that one it's small sunpro tacks
I had the tack up on the dash with the shift light up there right in the dead center facing right at me when I drag raced it often and I didn't have a dash pad there. Now I'm just kind of tucking things down as I got it more set up for the street. It still has the shift light on the left side but it seems LOL I never pay attention to that damn thing anyways lol it would go off and I'd be like forget that...

Most of the time drag racing you are not looking at the tach anyways.
Just a flash of the shift light.

Most of the time drag racing you are not looking at the tach anyways.
Just a flash of the shift light.
I was thinking more for the street I look at my tach alot I don't like the idea of looking down but I guess it's all what you get use to

View attachment 1715320551
Yes that's the reversed livre. it can only be used and pulled back on when the shifter is in neutral. I've given a crude drawing of kind of how it works. starting a Nutro when you lift the lever up you can put it up into first gear and when shifting to Second you just kind of snatch it back and it goes on to the second gear and rides over top of neutral. and when you go for 3rd gear you just slam it forward and it goes underneath first gear and drops down onto the bottom level. At that point you can just pull it back straight into 4th. Then downshifting you can go forward into 3rd gear or pop it into neutral and pull up and go into 2nd or 1st. If you go from third to Second you have to pull up as you go through. And then pull up in the first. But the idea for drag racing is once you set it up in the first it's just slam it backwards slam it forwards and slam it backwards. Underneath it also has stop settings so you don't push the shift Forks too far when you slam it. like I was saying I really like the second or third shift the best because you don't have to go up and over you just slam it forward. Much much faster... Also the first second and third fourth shift rods are small and straight instead of bent going around stuff.
I think it's funny that it gives the appearance of an automatic shifter and it even fooled this young Tech inspector at the track once cuz he goes "where's your transmission dipstick at
!?" LOL I said what?! It's a stick shift it doesn't have one...
also I had forgotten since the last time I put it in you have to flip the reverse lever on the transmission over and switch the first second third fourth leavers.
That sounds extremely confusing lol
I can see where it would speed up shifts for racing but for the street. :BangHead:

Does it still go up and over and down and over like a normal manual shifter? Or is it just back and forth up and down?

I was thinking more for the street I look at my tach alot I don't like the idea of looking down but I guess it's all what you get use to

I think the only time I look at a tach is in my 48 Willys, the old flat head red-line is 3200 rpm, pulling hills around here, sometimes you have to wind it up in second.
Mostly every thing else I have, has a rev limiter on it.

oh look at my tack often enough but when I'm racing I am just looking for the shift light to go off but again like I said a lot of times I don't even pay attention. There's other times when if someone is in front of me I don't shift until the rev limiter starts stopping me...

Does it still go up and over and down and over like a normal manual shifter? Or is it just back and forth up and down?
Just straight forward and straight backward that's it. That's the point though no up and over over to third gear. Just Slammer home forward...
I got to tell you when you're wide open on the Dragstrip rapping out second gear and you're getting ready to Ram it forward for your very first time it's a little nerve-racking but you get used to knowing it's going to do it correctly...

Just straight forward and straight backward that's it. That's the point though no up and over over to third gear. Just Slammer home forward...
I got to tell you when you're wide open on the Dragstrip rapping out second gear and you're getting ready to Ram it forward for your very first time it's a little nerve-racking but you get used to knowing it's going to do it correctly...
I thought the first 3 or 4 times were unnerving, but you get used to it. It's really no different than learning to drive an auto with a reverse valve body and B&M shifter, or learning to drive a Lenco.

Yea I can imagine it being unnerving especially that first time down the track.
You ever saw them YouTube videos of drag cars going 1-2-1? It doesn't end well!!!

I thought the first 3 or 4 times were unnerving, but you get used to it. It's really no different than learning to drive an auto with a reverse valve body and B&M shifter, or learning to drive a Lenco.
I'm still contemplating going full manual shift kit on my 999 torqueflight! Havent made up my mind yet.

Well locked and loaded and ready for a test drive. Got the new buckets in and got the shifter I think sorted out and of course brand new rims and brand new tires or old rims in new tires LOL I even siphoned one of my snowmobiles and filled the fuel sell.. lol...

I'm still contemplating going full manual shift kit on my 999 torqueflight! Havent made up my mind yet.

I switched from a "full race" shift kit to RMVB. The reverse manual is WAY better on the street. The full race shift kit shifted around 3,200 RPM and would break the rear tires loose in any kind of damp or loose road surface. I have a spool so a fair amount of driving sideways was needed. It was not safe at all. (And the exhaust is LOUD by 3k) not super cool with police around....
I did get use to whacking the throttle, getting it to shift then backing off and cruzing.

With the RMVB I can shift at what ever RPM i want.

Its NIGHT AND DAY BETTER.

just my .02 and experience.

Okay finally got good weather and a Shakedown run today. First the V gate worked flawless..
I can definitely tell the tires are gripping much better. And I can feel it in the turns a lot more, but I know that means I'm getting good traction..
the seats are actually too far back which I never thought that could ever happen lol I got a little work to do there in Readjustment, but that shouldn't take too long.
I was noticing my idol after it's settled down at a light and idled for a while would get up pass 14.7 to 15.2 at times. I'm thinking I'm starting to cycle most of the race gas out of the tank I'm starting to get to just the regular and methanol 91 octane. I believe that starting to make things a little leaner? I'm wanting to check my spark plugs I'm see what they look like after the run today. I wasn't really paying attention to wide open throttle like I should have to see where it went, but I know the a/f was going down when I gave it gas.
I went to my friend's house a couple miles away and he lives near the edge of the country roads. When I got there I noticed he's getting his shoes on faster than I'd ever seen LOL knowing we're going for a ride. it's fun kind of banging through the gears and watching him try to grab onto anything he can for leverage and for life LOL...

-
Back