massive reconfiguration time again.

-
So sorry to change the subject to my massive configuration LOL, but I pulled a couple plugs and they seemed to look ok? Again I've been watching my air-fuel and it seems to be idling now where I want it at about 14.7 to 15... I'll be damned if all the times I punched it yesterday on those country roads I didn't look down once at a/f Gage....
View attachment 1715322290
Sorry for my ignorance on the topic but what am I looking at?? Is that good or bad
Ps I know it's a spark plug for all the smarta$$ comments lol

Sorry for my ignorance on the topic but what am I looking at?? Is that good or bad
Ps I know it's a spark plug for all the smarta$$ comments lol
If you notice the? I was kind of asking the same thing LOL.. but I think we're looking for kind of a brown or gray. Not a white or black. Others hopefully chime in...

^^^^of course except for yellow rose. I don't care how great an eloquent his advice sounds I don't want it....

If you notice the? I was kind of asking the same thing LOL.. but I think we're looking for kind of a brown or gray. Not a white or black. Others hopefully chime in...
Oh ooooooohhhhhh lol sorry thought that was a statement not a question my bad sorry not in my best form today.

Well I think I mentioned I did what I thought I could never do and that put my seats too far back? Well they're too far back! LOL my wife says I can wear platform shoes like in the 70s and my friend said I could tape blocks to the paddles LOL you think I live and know a bunch of comedians! LOL do I seem like the kind of person that likes to keep myself around humorous people? Anyways I have a little time today after I do a couple other little chores so I'm going to pull the seats back out and probably start by putting those studs in the rear holes to move them at least 2 in forward. When I tried slitting the seat forward the catch wouldn't hold very wel. I'd bang a couple gears it click back once I'd bang a couple more gears and I would be all the way back where I started! Barely able to touch the pedals. Also that V gate shifter is a little forward and it gets hard to reach. Pictures and all to come Lord willing...

Getting some more Shakedown time. First I went over to a customer's house and of course I had been having problems with the voltage regulator overcharging. It finally burnt out my fan switch and would not come down for anything so I got it home and went to the store and got a new Switch and got a new voltage regulator. That fixed it. I was able to take my wife out for a Philly cheese sandwich and we even took it on the freeway for a small shot and it seem to do very well....
Wife was happy so needless to say...
IMG_20190427_152814.jpg
IMG_20190427_173148.jpg
IMG_20190427_173202.jpg

Nice sunny day, but on the shaded side of the building...

I'll have to start taking some 1/4 mile runs or start posting on some other part of the forum...

Old cars, there is always something wrong with them, or something is going to go wrong with them.

Your running the fan thru a switch on the dash? Wouldn't a relay work better?
I have a row of switches where the heater controls used to be. I really only turn it on when I'm in traffic. I guess I could put a heat sensor on it and a relay and all that stuff but..

Great pict of the car on the street. Luv the look. ( guy behind you sure parked close enough!)
To be fair I could have pulled up another couple feet but the pictures also deceiving you can still walk in between them easily. Trust me he seen me watching him the whole time LOL..

Another new kid at the parts store looking for the voltage regulator. I finally got tired of him hemming and hawing there in the aisle behind the counter and asked if I could come back and help and he said yes. He showed me the part number that he wrote down on the piece of paper and I grabbed a box and pulled it out and sure enough there in the pack was regulator LOL.
Then as we walked out in front of the other employees he balls out well at least I'm glad "we" found it...
You guys know me I said "WE!?"
I said look rookie I can smell mopar parts!!

So sorry to change the subject to my massive configuration LOL, but I pulled a couple plugs and they seemed to look ok? Again I've been watching my air-fuel and it seems to be idling now where I want it at about 14.7 to 15... I'll be damned if all the times I punched it yesterday on those country roads I didn't look down once at a/f Gage....
View attachment 1715322290
this don't look right. Could be just the picture. Is the ground electrode not over the electrode?? I like the porcelain (insulator nose) to be cardboard brown.

this don't look right. Could be just the picture. Is the ground electrode not over the electrode?? I like the porcelain (insulator nose) to be cardboard brown.
I'll be curious to soon pull those plugs again and see how they're burning now that I'm kind of got the air-fuel mixture settled into where I like it. Again I still need to check wide open throttle. But yes those electrodes don't go all the way over like a normal spark plug they are race plugs. they're not quite the paper bag brown all the way around but are getting that way on the tips. They were pretty black before and running way too rich. it looks like they're starting to clear up if anything. But again I need to check them after some more drive time..

Your running the fan thru a switch on the dash? Wouldn't a relay work better?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I run my booster fan both ways, set to come on at 205, and off at 195 , but can turn it on if I need cooling in the pits/if I ever get back to it !

Have had some more drive time and everything is really seeming to run better than ever. The O2 sensor seems to be right where it should be at most times. A couple times I've been able to peer down at wide open throttle it seems like for just a second it goes lean and then drops pretty rich down to between 11.5 and 12.5. But I really need to take it to the track where I can keep it wide open a lot...
Getting rid of that stock radiator and shroud and putting an aftermarket radiator has so far kept things pretty cool. But again we haven't had any really hot days. I rarely have to run the fans when I'm moving. I think at the very worst I may have to get one big fat Pusher fan in the real heat of the summer.
Another great decision was those new 354 gears. Still plenty of get-up-and-go but able to cruise in 3rd gear around town at a reasonable RPM...
Also the Nitto 555r definitely great traction on the street so far..

Have had some more drive time and everything is really seeming to run better than ever. The O2 sensor seems to be right where it should be at most times. A couple times I've been able to peer down at wide open throttle it seems like for just a second it goes lean and then drops pretty rich down to between 11.5 and 12.5. But I really need to take it to the track where I can keep it wide open a lot...
Getting rid of that stock radiator and shroud and putting an aftermarket radiator has so far kept things pretty cool. But again we haven't had any really hot days. I rarely have to run the fans when I'm moving. I think at the very worst I may have to get one big fat Pusher fan in the real heat of the summer.
Another great decision was those new 354 gears. Still plenty of get-up-and-go but able to cruise in 3rd gear around town at a reasonable RPM...
Also the Nitto 555r definitely great traction on the street so far..
Sounds like you are getting it dialed in.

What af meter set up do you use?
It's an innovative..
I got it several years ago from Summit they wanted like $209 and I had them price match someone I seen for 156 and they found it for a hundred and forty seven and I said send it...

^^^I actually have it plugged in on the driver's side exhaust about a foot past the header. I have the Evac on the passenger side..

-
Back