massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Aerodynamics for sure...?
IMG_20190519_180324.jpg

Next one color..

That's some good metal prep.

What are you using?

I'm gonna go out of my comfort zone here and say, I dont like the open look.

Skin it with 030-020 aluminum & one million pop rivets to attach it.

No issues with dissimilar metals touching and light as a pop corn fart.

Or better than pop rivets, use aircraft rivets. Much cleaner on the underside (and top) but kinda a PITA to install.

Man you need to move to Ca, or better yet I should just move to your neck of the woods.

I could have that done and bad *** in a day.

Last edited:
I could do a nice big call out on the hood.
318, 360?

Didn't you have a call out before?

Just make a paper pattern, trace out the ribs on the bottom so I can plan around the rivets and I will make you a bad *** hood.

That's some good metal prep.

What are you using?

I'm gonna go out of my comfort zone here and say, I dont like the open look.

Skin it with 030-020 aluminum & one million pop rivets to attach it.

No issues with dissimilar metals touching and light as a pop corn fart.

Or better than pop rivets, use aircraft rivets. Much cleaner on the underside (and top) but kinda a PITA to install.

Man you need to move to Ca, or better yet I should just move to your neck of the woods.

I could have that done and bad *** in a day.
It's been a few hours just sanding it by hand...
What do you think of satin black?
IMG_20190520_171555.jpg

It's like half the weight of a pin on fiberglass Hood...
The acrylic that I have says it starts melting at 275° to 350°...
IMG_20190520_171522.jpg

I was thinking of taking one of my hoods and just cutting out the big area in the back two-thirds of the hood?

Its probably just cuz I work with aluminum and your car is currently bare metal but I'm into the idea of making you a hood skin.

I could do a huge DODGE on the hood of your Plymouth....
:)

Or the direct connection arrow pointed at the stacks or to the beak with a trim ring around the stack opening.

Think it over, I think it would look bad ***.

And you know I'd only charge you double our shop rate plus some extra for all the time I've talked to ya.

:rofl::thumbsup:

Thanks again man.

Its probably just cuz I work with aluminum and your car is currently bare metal but I'm into the idea of making you a hood skin.

I could do a huge DODGE on the hood of your Plymouth....
:)

Or the direct connection arrow pointed at the stacks or to the beak with a trim ring around the stack opening.

Think it over, I think it would look bad ***.

And you know I'd only charge you double our shop rate plus some extra for all the time I've talked to ya.

:rofl::thumbsup:

Thanks again man.
I would think of doing that kind of with a stock skin? The aluminum conforms to the 73 and up bulge duster Hood..

I could do a nice big call out on the hood.
318, 360?

Didn't you have a call out before?

Just make a paper pattern, trace out the ribs on the bottom so I can plan around the rivets and I will make you a bad *** hood.
410...:thumbsup:

What ever you want, I can make it.

I have a hard time envisioning what you want.

Is that a three peice hood? ( 2 sections would be easy and cheep. 3 gets harder. I have to hide the sections.)

When the letters cross sections it's hard to make them line up perfectly if I'm not installing it.

What's on the driver side?

Large print is WAY easier to make look good on the roller.

What ever you want, I can make it.

I have a hard time envisioning what you want.

Is that a three peice hood? ( 2 sections would be easy and cheep. 3 gets harder. I have to hide the sections.)

When the letters cross sections it's hard to make them line up perfectly if I'm not installing it.

What's on the driver side?

Large print is WAY easier to make look good on the roller.
IMG_20190520_202446.jpg
IMG_20190520_202517.jpg

The first picture is of my old hood from a top of the front looking down the front and the second picture looking across the front. There's so much up and down Contour and high sweep up front..

Just picking up from Jpar's and Cope's ideas.... cover the frame in aluminum, do a partial cut out, rivet the hell out of it and do your favourite call out.

jpardusterhood.jpg

Just picking up from Jpar's and Cope's ideas.... cover the frame in aluminum, do a partial cut out, rivet the hell out of it and do your favourite call out.

View attachment 1715338343
That's totally cool! I was thinking something like that when I was talking about opening up the back two thirds..
I just feel it would be hard to replicate the nose gone part??
Honestly though I think your version looks cool as hell and I'll take it....

Thanks Jpar... maybe you can go Frankenstein all the way and recover the nose part from the original hood...
just thinking out loud...

:thumbsup:

Thanks Jpar... maybe you can go Frankenstein all the way and recover the nose part from the original hood...
just thinking out loud...

:thumbsup:
I was thinking that also, but I was also thinking that that may be a lot of weight on the tip as the aluminum subframe is very flimsy..

I think for now I'm just going to leave it alone. I've only cut the very minimal out for the duals. Take some time and think on it a bit...

Well I guess I should post up a time slip ..
I didn't give a hard launch, it was perfect for a first test run. No one in the next lane, first few passes and race traffic still a little slow coming in. I felt it was a nice first pass, I was able to take my time and remember to look at the r/f Gage!(finally)
IMG_20190601_222935.jpg

Wife and I drove to the track, took 4 passes, went out for a scenic drive(with spirited driving-wife VERY not happy), had nice bbq dinner and back home. About 52 miles total. 6 gallons....

Well I guess I should post up a time slip ..
I didn't give a hard launch, it was perfect for a first test run. No one in the next lane, first few passes and race traffic still a little slow coming in. I felt it was a nice first pass, I was able to take my time and remember to look at the r/f Gage!(finally)
View attachment 1715343607
Dang that is pretty impressive considering it has been detuned for the reconfiguration! Good job!

-
Back