Master Cylinder for 4 wheel disc?

-

fig

Reaction score
I'm using front disc off a 73 a body and the rear disc is a summit kit. This is for a 66 dart, what master cylinder? I want to keep it manual brakes.

Thanks!

You probably should look at aftermarket MCs, like the MP aluminum MC, though it needs an adapter (2-bolt to 4-bolt). The reason is, the OEM disk/drum MCs have a residual pressure valve on the rear brake port -- this is for drum brakes only, so you don't want it. Or, find an MC from a later model truck -- Mopar moved the RPV to the rear wheel cylinders eventually (1980 or so?), so it isn't in the MC on those units. But I don't know what units interchange (if any). For 67-76 A-B-E Mopars, all the MCs are interchangeable physically -- disk, drum, power or not. But like I said, these would have the RPV.

Actually, you can easily yank the RPV out of a master with sheet metal screws.

mid to late 80's ramcharger 4x4's had 4 wheel disc. 4 bolt stock looking master, bolt in and go...

Most people prefer ~7/8"D MC bore for manual disk brakes. Most listings on rockauto give the piston size. I would only use a newer 2-bolt aluminum MC, since who needs rust and weight? For ~$35 you can get a 2 to 4 bolt adapter (search here). I just drilled 2 holes thru my brake bracket in my 64 Valiant and used a big washer to cover the hole. Many people use one from ~85 Dodge truck (search posts).

Thanks Everyone! I have a couple of different options to check out.

-
Back