Master cylinder paint

-

frozenfish

Reaction score
Does anybody have a recommendation on a durable paint or coating to use on a master cylinder? Excluding powder coat.

I would say Eastwood Epoxy stainless steel, however a well cured master got some grudge in storage. The other areas were it was used in 2104 look perfect!

I use VHT Cast Iron Engine Enamel SP997. The can says up to 550 degrees Chemical Resistant Coating.
But I also use DOT5 brake fluid that does not eat paint!

Had mine rebuilt by White Post and it came back looking like new with lifetime warranty. I coated it with RPM from ECS in chesterfield MO. Don't know what the stuff is but you heat the part with heat gun and brush it on. It melts kinda like wax. Doesn't leave any residue. That was 5 years and many many miles ago and it still looks new. Wish I had done my alternator.

Windex,
I used Eastwood exhaust manifold paint on mine (because I had it).
It shouldn't matter as long as you clean it right away.

Alan

Prep is key. If it's not perfectly clean, you'll get those rust specks that eat through the paint.

Also getting brake fluid on it will obviously eat through the paint regardless of what type of paint you use unless you're using DOT5.

Does anybody have a recommendation on a durable paint or coating to use on a master cylinder? Excluding powder coat.
I recently used some black spray on epoxy paint that I got at Oriely's.
Looks good but I not sure how long it will last

-
Back