master cylinder push rod

-

seminar

Reaction score
First time poster here. I'm resurrecting my 68 GTS after quite a few years of down time. During my initial build, I changed out the drums to power discs. Unfortunately that combo didn't work with a high lift cam. From what I've read the master cylinder I installed will still work for manual disc brakes, p/n 3580121 from a donor A-body. Looks like I need a simple 6 inch straight push rod with an eyelet on the end that mounts to the pedal bracket. Anybody have one or know the p/n? Thanks in advance. Steve

Did you Check manciniracing.com?

I sell used ones cleaned and painted for $25 plus $6 for the ride.
This is an old auction but it has the picture. I have one more on a parts car that I can pull and clean if you want it.
Mopar 67-76 A Body Manual Brake Pedal Pushrod & Bolt | eBay
Greg, I'd be interested in purchasing the push rod you have. Because I'm reverting back to non-power assist, I hope that the push rod is all I need. It's been long time since I converted it and I'm not sure if the ball end of the push rod is secured in any way or is it just a pilot fit into the back of the master cylinder. Thanks, steve

First time poster here. I'm resurrecting my 68 GTS after quite a few years of down time. During my initial build, I changed out the drums to power discs. Unfortunately that combo didn't work with a high lift cam. From what I've read the master cylinder I installed will still work for manual disc brakes, p/n 3580121 from a donor A-body. Looks like I need a simple 6 inch straight push rod with an eyelet on the end that mounts to the pedal bracket. Anybody have one or know the p/n? Thanks in advance. Steve

I'm pretty sure I have a couple in the shop. I will have to look tomorrow and get back to you.
If you don't find one by then I'll give you measurements to be sure

I'll pull one tomorrow. The end is a ball fit that "pops in" to the nylon plunger in the master cylinder. I read somewhere that you need a disc brake master cylinder, but I am not certain. The rod is the same on all manual brake A bodies from the mid 60's to 76

I'll pull one tomorrow. The end is a ball fit that "pops in" to the nylon plunger in the master cylinder. I read somewhere that you need a disc brake master cylinder, but I am not certain. The rod is the same on all manual brake A bodies from the mid 60's to 76
Greg, that master cylinder p/n I listed is a disc brake master cylinder, so I should be good there. You pull the part and I'll buy it. Thanks, Steve
BTW: thanks to everyone's responses. Looks like this site is a great resource! Much appreciated.

If hard to push, you can swap to an MC w/ a smaller bore. I would try 7/8" ID for manual disks, which is about as small as they get. For $30 you can buy a 2-4 bolt adapter plate on ebay, to use a newer aluminum 2-bolt MC. I did so in my 64 Valiant, to mount an MC from a 95-99 Breeze/Cirrus/Stratus (w/ ABS = 2 ports).

-
Back