mastercylinder?

-

mrs49

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Did the two stage conversion a while back on our 66 Barracuda. Had a soft pedal that would travel almost to the floor. Blead the brakes today with my fancy new handed pumped bleeder. Still have soft pedal and long throw. Could I have gotten a power brake master? Thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Getting the correct one is important for sure, but, it won't change the pedal throw. I'm assuming you have the push rod adjusted so there is almost no free play, right? If so, there must be air in the line somewhere or the master has an internal leak.

Getting the correct one is important for sure, but, it won't change the pedal throw. I'm assuming you have the push rod adjusted so there is almost no free play, right? If so, there must be air in the line somewhere or the master has an internal leak.
the rod I used was the one in the old single pot master

Drums all around? They need adjusting.

the rod I used was the one in the old single pot master
That should work fine as long as there's not a lot of free play in the pedal. Is the pedal hard once it's pressed down, or, is is spongy? Will it pump up? How about when the e-brake is pulled on?

Drums all around, or even just in the rear, need to be adjusted pretty tight. I would check that before i threw anymore money at it

-
Back