Max wedge manifolds

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
I was reading about being able to run the max wedge manifolds on a BB early A body. Anyone have any experience with this? Would the ports match up or would you have to use heads with the max wedge ports? If someone has done this I would love pictures.

There used to be a post with pictures on bbd.com about a 65 Barracuda running those manifolds. I considered that as well for a while, until I saw how much people want for them. Good luck.

There used to be a post with pictures on bbd.com abothe rut a 65 Barracuda running those manifolds. I considered that as well for a while, until I saw how much people want for them. Good luck.

I was on that site but couldn't find the pictures. Comparing custom headers to the remakes are about the same money.

The intake ports on the maxi heads were significantly different from the normal BB head. They did have a larger than normal exhaust valve. Unlike the intake manifolds the regular BB headers or exhaust manifolds will bolt up the same.

I do know they re-pop the maxi exhaust manifolds, Mancini offers them and they are still expensive but not as much as original ones when you can find them. I see a set on CL locally for $700 re-pops.

However to answer the other half of your question, will they work on an early A BB conversion? I do not know the answer.

Go to the "Big block A-body Tech" forum... At the bottom of the first page is a post "Big block 1965 Dart 2 door post" or something like that... There is a guy down under with an early A running the manifolds. Looks bad ***, but I am going to just run a set of HP manifolds from a '69 road runner, they are cheaper and don't require relocating the master cylinder... I really want to run the max manifolds too but that will have to come later...

Go to the "Big block A-body Tech" forum... At the bottom of the first page is a post "Big block 1965 Dart 2 door post" or something like that... There is a guy down under with an early A running the manifolds. Looks bad ***, but I am going to just run a set of HP manifolds from a '69 road runner, they are cheaper and don't require relocating the master cylinder... I really want to run the max manifolds too but that will have to come later...

Will the b bodies ones fit?

we have a 68 Satellite, ran the manifolds on it for awhile
had to move the fire wall back 2 " on the passengers side
move the steering column over 2" to the out side
and the master cylinder 3"

4-05-05007.jpg

if I was to use the manifolds on our 72 Dart
was thinking to swap sides and exhaust out the front/side fenders

like on our 70 dart (headers/forward exit) at the 1-2 sec in video

[ame=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/draginmopars/white%20dart%202/002-1.mp4]
th_002-1.jpg
[/ame]

Yep the B body manifolds will fit, you can't run column shift and I think there may be some grinding necessary or something but I have seen it done... I'm a cheap bastard so I have to make it work lol

Brad, that is a different link... The one I'm talking about is right here on FABO under big block a body tech. I just posted on there so it should be at the top or close to it...

-
Back