Maximum Lift Edelbrock performer rpm Heads

-

Minella

Reaction score
Hello Guys!
Edelbrock says that the maximum lift to the heads #60779 is .575. My questions is due to the valve springs or the valve guide cleareance? I'm asking cause I want to use a roller cam with .650 on it. What is the maximum lift that I can use on this heads?

Thanks,
Minella

If you want to go to a roller cam, you will have to change the springs to the right pressure springs for that cam. The Eddy heads have a lower spring pressure, unless you already changed them.

I am running Crane 10 degree retainers on my Eddie heads and with no shims the install height would be 1.86". I am pretty sure the limitation on lift is due to the retainers and springs those heads ship with. Some one like Moper, BJR Racing, or Ryan at Shady Dell would know for sure.

Also keep in mind that you won't be getting all the "theoretical lift" the cam has due to the lifter angle of a small block mopar.

My heads have shady dell stage 3 job on it, with proper springs 1.550' and retainers for roller cam, 10º valve locks.
I just not sure about the valve guide cleareance, I'll try to talk with Ryan at shady dell.
Another issue are the rocker arms, they are touching the retainers. I didn't understand, I use crane gold 1.6 and they say this rockers will accept valve springs till 1.565". Have I grind the rockers? Or use shims under the shaft?

Thanks a lot for your reply

Minella

The springs on ede heads aren't for really for rollers, especially the size you are wanting to run.

You do not want to use shims under a shaft that has a roller cam operating it, but you can clearance the rocker if it's not much. IMO, you should step up to a real race rocker system from T&D. The .650 lift... is that with 1.5s or the 1.6s? Why run 1.6s and not put the rate of lift in the cam? 1.6s need more room for pushrods, and the springs and lifters will be worked even harder too. Cranes are good to about 420lbs open before you should be concerned with life span and breakage. You have plenty of room for retainer to guide.

You do not want to use shims under a shaft that has a roller cam operating it, but you can clearance the rocker if it's not much. IMO, you should step up to a real race rocker system from T&D. The .650 lift... is that with 1.5s or the 1.6s? Why run 1.6s and not put the rate of lift in the cam? 1.6s need more room for pushrods, and the springs and lifters will be worked even harder too. Cranes are good to about 420lbs open before you should be concerned with life span and breakage. You have plenty of room for retainer to guide.
Actually the lift of the cam is .585 adm and .600 ext. at 1.5 and .624 adm and .640 at 1.6. the spring specs are: seat pressure, 195 lbs. and open pressure at .725, 600 lbs.
Probablly the maximum pressure with those lifts and rockers will be around 550 lbs, if the pressure curve is linear. Do you think is too much for the crane's rockers?
I looked at T&D and I didn't find for eddy's heads.

Thanks a lot

Minella

-
Back