Maximum width slick '69 Dart

-

mhuppertz

Reaction score
Assuming the perfect back spacing and leaf springs relocated inboard, does anyone know the max width slick that will fit in the wheelwell on 15" wheels?

With a mini tub and spring relocation you can do 13.5 inch wide ones.

With just the 3/4 inch spring relocation and stock tubs I'd say 275 width if you want them tucked still. Might have to do a little trimming of the fender lip. I had 255's with no offset springs on my 69 and I had to trim the fender lip a little and had about 1/4 of clearance with the fender lip and leaf springs.

With a mini tub and spring relocation you can do 13.5 inch wide ones.

With just the 3/4 inch spring relocation and stock tubs I'd say 275 width if you want them tucked still. Might have to do a little trimming of the fender lip. I had 255's with no offset springs on my 69 and I had to trim the fender lip a little and had about 1/4 of clearance with the fender lip and leaf springs.
So maybe a 10" slick with relocated springs?

So maybe a 10" slick with relocated springs?

If you're still using the stock wheel tubs you should have about 12" from the quarter lip to the inside wall of the tub, give or take about a 1/4" depending on body tolerances. So if you get everything perfect, you should be able to use a tire with a section width of about 11" assuming you're not on the narrow end of the tolerance.

A 3" relocation without a mini-tub is kind of a waste of time though, you can fit just as much tire into the stock tubs with a 1/2" spring hanger/shackle offset. Even with only a 1/2" offset the stock tubs become the limiting factor.

If you're still using the stock wheel tubs you should have about 12" from the quarter lip to the inside wall of the tub, give or take about a 1/4" depending on body tolerances. So if you get everything perfect, you should be able to use a tire with a section width of about 11" assuming you're not on the narrow end of the tolerance.

A 3" relocation without a mini-tub is kind of a waste of time though, you can fit just as much tire into the stock tubs with a 1/2" spring hanger/shackle offset. Even with only a 1/2" offset the stock tubs become the limiting factor.

Thank you, that is the exact info I needed.

Hopefully I can get 11" slicks to hook with a 500 hp and 600 lb/ft and 4 speed. Next project, narrowing a junkyard Dana60!

-
Back