May have really found my new daily driver

-
Put a cap on the back and looks like you would have a less expensive Bronco. But maybe longer wheelbase??

Just how long is the bed?

That's where these seem to be lacking.

Seems like the bed is designed for bags of mulch and not much else.

Put a cap on the back and looks like you would have a less expensive Bronco. But maybe longer wheelbase??

remember the centurion ?

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.mecum.com%2Fauctions%2Ffl0115%2Ffl0115-202653%2Fimages%2Ffl0115-202653_1%402x.jpg

Centurion was a conversion company that also did other makes.

I have seen exactly ONE Dodge product converted by them, but several chevies.

The wife has 1 on order the hybrid XL the good news is I wont have to work on it but I am reluctant on the 1 model year but it is based on a existing model so we will see.

Not unibody IIRC, just quarter panels.

They had separate frames like the other traditional trucks those years

<~~~~~ Has soft spot for new Maverick kinda vehicles. Rancheros, El Caminos, Scout and Bronco half cabs :thumbsup:.
Is anyone looking? Even Brats :lol:.

Just how long is the bed?

That's where these seem to be lacking.

Seems like the bed is designed for bags of mulch and not much else.
4&1/2 foot long, 6 foot with tailgate down. The tailgate can be set halfway down to support 4x8 sheet materials like sheetrock or plywood even with tops of the wheel houses. These would sit on top of the wheel houses. According to ford it can take18 sheets of 3/4" plywood in the bed and be at bed weight capacity.

4&1/2 foot long, 6 foot with tailgate down. The tailgate can be set halfway down to support 4x8 sheet materials like sheetrock or plywood even with tops of the wheel houses. These would sit on top of the wheel houses. According to ford it can take18 sheets of 3/4" plywood in the bed and be at bed weight capacity.

More plywood than I would care to move :lol:

Exactly. I might bring a block to the machinest every once in awhile, but that's what 150 lbs 200 lbs.

Dad tells me when I was a teen, he was working out of town and we had some concrete work to do in the back yard, "Go see Gene at Owl Rock, tell him you want 1/2 yard of concrete sand and a 1/2 yard of 3/4 rock. Take my truck." Nice '72 F100 short bed with a 390 :D. The road between home and the rock plant was part of US 66 and around Barstow, they just pretty much pushed the creosote bushes out of the way and paved. None of it was flat. Little to my knowledge 1 cu yard of rock and sand weighs in at 1 1/2 tons. Every whoop dee doo between the plant and home I could feel the front tires lift :steering::lol:

I’m trying to find a 1st car for my son. Everything has 250k miles and they want new car prices. Ridiculous.
Agree, with the chip shortage new cars are scarce so used car prices are up.
If things settle down used car prices will come back down. Try to wait it out till then or till a deal comes by.

Our local MoFoCo dealer has maybe a dozen new cars on the lot. :realcrazy:

Yea went by the Daytona Auto Mall the other day and most of the brands there were like that very little new inventory and used car lots are also real sad looking too. Who would of ever thought that the auto industry would ever look like this.

The dealer told me they were diverting chips to the bronco and maverick since those will be hot sellers, and with a lot of the Mavericks being hybrids it will make their EPA numbers look good going into 2022. I am seriously looking at the AWD model now.

Last edited:
Dodge Dart and valiant both were econoboxes

A compact
B intermediate
C large

That's the way chrysler labelled the platforms. So yes the dart / valiant A body was concidered a compact car by 1960s-1970s standards.

To quote Rusty
Thank you.
Drive on through

When introduced the Valiant was a compact and the Dart was a full size.
And the Valiant wasnt even what they later called the A body. That happened when the Dart got downsized all the way to what became the A body. It was still called a compact until 1965.
So, if we are going to complain about naming cars, people should have been complaining about the Dart becoming a compact.
Stop, remember and then drive through!

I have a 62 Dart, thats a B body.
Nope. Not until 1965. It is what BECAME the B. The Dart used that platform for one year and was then in 63 moved to what became the A body in 65.
So, the Dart was a full size, then intermediate, then compact and then a FWD Fiat.
Where is the outrage?
I remember my cousin's Dart Pioneer, which had to be one of the ugliest cars ever built. It was a full size car. He chose tan colored paint because of all the gravel and dirt roads in the Missouri Bootheel. You couldnt tell between clean and dirty.

-
Back