MC Pushrod Question

-

e50095

Reaction score
Sorry man I tried to find the answer on this in previous threads and came up empty. I pulled the manual 9 inch drums off the front and rear of my 67, and I'm going with 11" drums in the rear on an 8.25 and 11.75" disks in the front. I also have the correct prop valve off a disk car. I assume from what I've read my MC pushrod needs to be changed, which leaves me with 2 questions:
1. What is the difference between a manual drum and a manual disk pushrod? Is it a length issue?; and
2. When I go to buy my new MC, am I asking for say any 70 to 72 a body piece with manual disks, or is there a preferred application?

Appreciate it fellas...
20210924_104900.jpg

No difference in the pushrod. The difference is in the M/C. Remove your pushrod from the piston and save it.

There is a large square like O ring that retains the push rod to the MC piston. Make sure the new MC has a new O ring and has an undercut in the piston. This reatains the push rod and keeps it from falling out. The later style 73+ master should have a snap ring to retain the piston. Not sure on the earlier ones. If not, use that plate that is on you rod, and NOT just the tear drop piece that comes with the master to hold in the piston. Might have to readjust you brake lamp switch when your done. I had problems getting the rod off and managed to bend up the switch bracket. Probably easier to disconnect it from the pedal at this point. I think I've read read 15/16 bore master is the prefered MC (not sure P/N or application to ask for).

-
Back