McMaster Carr

-

Mopar Sam

Well Fed Member
Reaction score
I ordered a couple things yesterday around 4 PM, went to town today and got home a little before 1PM and the box was sitting on the porch. And, I got everything I ordered. Now I can finish the heads for Old Yeller..

I thought that was amazing service compared to other things I've tried to get lately. I thought I would pass the word.

I ordered a couple things yesterday around 4 PM, went to town today and got home a little before 1PM and the box was sitting on the porch. And, I got everything I ordered. Now I can finish the heads for Old Yeller..

I thought that was amazing service compared to other things I've tried to get lately. I thought I would pass the word.
They're pretty badass.

Once I was pricing out a project by putting stuff in the cart once I found what I thought would work,etc.

Two days later, my stuff showed up. I hadn't clicked the order button or paid for any of it.

I called McMaster and told the guy "You guys know what I need before I do!"

I ordered thirty ten-packs of a tiny set screw and there was a misunderstanding on their end and they sent me, three packs or thirty screws total. Called on Monday afternoon and the nice lady apologized and said you'll have the 27 packs tomorrow. She did not lie, they were here Tuesday afternoon. McMaster is one of the few good supply companies left. Fastenal can suck eggs. I was standing in their store and they refused to sell me two set screws they had in stock, because the total was less than $25. With a straight face the guy said it cost too much to process a small order. I walked out and will never return. Nor will the ~$12,000 my department spent per year with them. I've sent the business to McMaster and others.

i needed one threadsert (purple threaded barrel with 4 drive pins style) at McFadden-Dale fasteners (local store) and the guy asked if i had an account. I said no can i pay cash, he told me "1? just take it, and shop here again". And I have since 1997....

I have been amazed by them, also. They seem to be shipping while I'm still ordering. Even if they are, how do the shipping companies move it so quickly?
I'd have to guess that there are areas that are closer to them that get things quicker?

I'm a big fan of McMaster Carr too.
As i am only about 450 miles away from them, living in Northern Commiefornia, i get packages from them QUICK.
I also wonder how they do it so quick, and UPS moving it from city to city, that fast.

I ordered thirty ten-packs of a tiny set screw and there was a misunderstanding on their end and they sent me, three packs or thirty screws total. Called on Monday afternoon and the nice lady apologized and said you'll have the 27 packs tomorrow. She did not lie, they were here Tuesday afternoon. McMaster is one of the few good supply companies left. Fastenal can suck eggs. I was standing in their store and they refused to sell me two set screws they had in stock, because the total was less than $25. With a straight face the guy said it cost too much to process a small order. I walked out and will never return. Nor will the ~$12,000 my department spent per year with them. I've sent the business to McMaster and others.
Copy that. We don't use "Fastensome" for anything anymore; we get it all from McM next-day. Better prices and availability.

I'm lucky. There's one right here in Georgia. lol

I should look into dealing with them more often. Honestly I just don’t think of them that often. I used to have a Granger store 8 miles from my house and bought my big shop compressor from them.

I get a lot of small stuff from them, I have an old catalog that's about 5" thick. I have saved a lot even on small things.

Set screws for my goodson valve seat tooling, I can get a 10 pack cheaper from McMaster than goodson wants for 1.

The way things have been going this year, I really was surprised at how quick my stuff came.

Their shipping price was actually less than expected. All in all a win/win.

Fastenal sucks here too. Corporate scum...

-
Back