McPherson struts

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Do the rotators on the top (mounts?) Ever go bad? I'm getting a clunk over sharp bumps in my SC400 and the LCA and ball joints seem to be fine. Hope it's not the LCA as they are not rebuilbable and new ones are almost N/A.

Do the rotators on the top (mounts?) Ever go bad? I'm getting a clunk over sharp bumps in my SC400 and the LCA and ball joints seem to be fine. Hope it's not the LCA as they are not rebuilbable and new ones are almost N/A.

Yes sir, they sure do. Whenever I sold that job I included the mounts or I didn't do it.

Yes I usually replace the strut tops my Volvo beaters. Make sure mark your inner fender before you take them off.

WOW, must be nice to live in a place with no winters, I used to replace them on a daily basis, LOL, in Ohio everything goes bad. Usually in a couple years.

You guys out west got it made.

My Caravan started clunking & everything checked out. I checked the receipt from when I had the struts replaced & they only put the cartridges in. I ordered the strut bearing from Rock Auto & installed them. The clunking went away & it handles better also.

Looks like you must compress the springs to mount. Another time....

-
Back