Md State Police seek info about hit & run

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 10/16/2022
Maryland State Police Investigating Hit and Run Crash in Wicomico County

(PITTSVILLE, MD)- Maryland State Police are investigating a hit and run crash that occurred
Friday evening in Wicomico County.

Shortly before 8:00 p.m. on Friday, 10/14/22, troopers from the Maryland State Police Salisbury Barrack responded to the area of Old Ocean City Road and Main Street in Pittsville, Maryland for a hit and run crash. According to witnesses, a two-door Chevrolet Chevelle SS was traveling west on Old Ocean City Road. At the same time a Ford Pick-up truck began tailgating the Chevrolet Chevelle SS. The Chevrolet Chevelle SS attempted to slow down and the Ford Pick-up sped up, rear ended the Chevrolet Chevelle SS and continued to push the Chevrolet Chevelle into the field prior to leaving the area. The driver of the Chevrolet Chevelle SS, the front seat passenger and a juvenile rear passenger were transported to Tidal Health by ambulance.

Evidence collected at the scene includes “Ford” brand vehicle parts. Witnesses on scene described the suspect vehicle as a newer model, dark colored diesel Ford pick -up truck. The truck may be lifted with a light kit and have dark colored windows. The suspect vehicle will have extensive front end damage based on evidence left at the scene. Troopers canvassed the area and were unable to locate the suspect vehicle.

Anyone who may have witnessed this hit and run or has any information connected to the identity of the suspect/vehicle are urged to contact the Maryland State Police at 410-749-3101. Callers may remain anonymous.

The investigation is continuing. Additional information will be provided when it becomes available.

1666350693383.png

1666350727164.png

By the looks of the drag radials on the Chevelle it may have been poor sportsmanship. A lot of the D-bags that drive Super Doucshes around here think they are race cars...

always two sides to a story, but when you are in the rear, you are the responsible one. got to keep your head about you and back off. If I were to really go out on a limb here, Id say the truck had some of my favorite 747 landing lights on it as well, they can be real fun to deal with going down the road being blinded.

#brakecheckgonewrong
##hatethosef@@ckinbrightlights

Wow, that car is smashed pretty bad. Looks like the front seat area is intact so hopefully everyone made it out. Sounds like a case of road rage or that guy had an enemy that caught up with him.

Sounds intentional and not a accident. There was a child in that car who very possibly could have been killed, God forbid
Either way its a serious hit and run and I hope they find the driver of that truck and prosecute him or her to the fullest extent of the law

I kinda think the Chevelle brake checked the truck as the truck was speeding up. If both vehicles were driving I don't see how the truck could have done that much damage.

Now, maybe after initial contact the Chevelle was on the brakes trying to stop from being pushed into the field. That Ford will be found, and the driver will go to jail.

Yikes.

There‘s a Ford pickup truck hiding somewhere with A LOT of damage to it.

I definitely know there’s two, usually three sides to every story, and I’m pretty sure there was a brake check maneuver involved. The driver of the Chevelle should have realized the amount of mass and inertia that was behind him.
Regardless of all that, that sure looks to me like a whole lot more than one initial impact of a brake check. The driver of that truck has some serious issues going on and needs to be found.

A lot of speed differential in that crash.

As others have mentioned, guess a brake check when the other was closing up fast. Too bad. Take a lot to fold up a 70-72 shovel like that.

Brake checking is STUPID. just move over and let people go on their way. If it was a check, the shovel driver sure showed the SD PU driver. /sarcasm

That's a shame. Looks like a nice muscle gone forever and possible injuries.

That car could be rebuilt on an Art Morrison chassis and new sheet metal. However, that is not a hit and run, that's vehicular assault.

There's NO way that story matches the damage. Either the Chevelle was stopped, or the pickup was hauling *** at a distance.

Daniel Henderson wrote this on Faceboog
“I would like to say thank you to Pittsville Fire dept,Willards Rescue, and Maryland State Police for helping my son,wife,and myself in a case involving a black Ford Truck f250/350/450. I do not know why this truck was traveling at a high rate of speed and stuck us in the rear of my car ,causing us out of control. Then he fled the seen. Please help us catch this person. We should be dead!! The truck has front end damage and most likely needs air bags..”

1666483749889.png

1666483786524.png

Woah, vehicles usually find the power poles! For some reason it just missed one by a few feet??

They are super lucky.

Woah, vehicles usually find the power poles! For some reason it just missed one by a few feet??

They are super lucky.
Usually like a moth to a flame. It actually seems like the poles a gigantic magnets.

-
Back