Mechanical or Electronic Gauges

-

shg340

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a supplemental oil and temp gauge to the Duster to get a better comfort level with the engine monitoring over the Rallye Dash units. I'm curious which type aftermarket guage set is preferred. Can someone give me some advice on purchasing these and the pluses and minuses of each version. I'm leaning towards electronic, but thought I should ask for more info first. Thanks ABody Guys...

i prefer mechanical oil pressure gauge, and electric for rest. but feel both are ok for a street car. this is just my opinion. auto gauge make good stuff in either version.

I use the mechanical oil pressure gauges,i had them in all my cars i hav a new one in my ram and i had one in my Road Runner!there simple :scratch:

I think that Mechanical would be more accurate. But electric your mot bringing oil in to the interior.

I think mechanical is more reliable. The mechanical will also read when the car is off. This is nice at the track when you want to keep an eye on the whater temp.

I just bought an oil pressure and water temp Auto Meter gauges that are supposed to match my ProComp tach. I noticed they are liquid filled. Does the liquid have any purpose or is it to give your car that freshly pulled out of the lake kind of feel?

I like the mechanical guages because they used to be more accurate then the electric. But now it seems the they're both about the same, but I still prefer the mechanical. Like midtex said you can monitor them with the engine off. The liquid filled is supposed to have a more stable reading. If you notice the needles usually bounce around on non liquid filled.

-
Back