Mechanical water temp gauge or electric water temp gauge

-
I have always preferred mechanical, but they are more difficult to deal with on Mopars because of sender size

Mechanical gauge with a TS17 Standard brand sender. Just like factory.
That is exactly what I'm dealing with 67dart273

20210620_094622.jpg

There has been threads on this. One idea--that I intend to use if it comes to that--is a spacer under the water outlet, with a tapping(s) for your sender You want to keep the sender "low" and if possible, below the stat, meaning "not" in the rad tank. If you get a slow leak and don't notice, it can get below the sender and not register

I have thought about having a boss "tigged" onto the intake back where the intake covers the blank water port, but that would be relatively expensive.

I've also thought about taking a junk head and doing some "exploratory drilling" to see if there is a location in the heads that can be drilled/ tapped

Depending on who made the gauge, the smallest adapter I've seen is 3/8 NPT

Also seen guys put a 'tee" into the heater hose fitting but that does get it "up high" a bit

Electric temp and pressure gauges are almost always 90° sweep, mechanical temp gauges use an unremovable Bourdon tube, and are usually 270° sweep.

View attachment 1715772327

What mechanical gauge works with this
Electric temp and pressure gauges are almost always 90° sweep, mechanical temp gauges use an unremovable Bourdon tube, and are usually 270° sweep.
What does that mean

He's talking about the needle sweep. Some mechanical gauges have a 270 degree sweep face like this

mages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXyxaMPtl2Gu3TBZyYU0TG_N-e6aNZOLAH2pGuD7c92cnegrE5nSszW9Zk3lBi7qFwpZQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

But this is not always true, either

Vintage-Make-Waves-Mechanical-Temperature-Gauge-%C2%B0F-%C2%B0C.jpg

-
Back