Messed up on my wiper switch. 64 Valiant

-

Wally-T

64 Signet
Reaction score
Hi folks. I removed my headlight switch an took it apart to clean the internals and relube. It works great now, even got my dash lights working again . The problem is I had to drop the wiper switch down too because the harness was just too short to pull the headlight switch by itself. Now my wiper switch sticks through the dash and bezel way too far to tighten things up. I can't find a spacer in there though. Does anyone have a picture breakdown or know how to walk me through this. Quite frustrating since I only took it apart 2 days ago. Getting old fella's...getting old

Hi folks. I removed my headlight switch an took it apart to clean the internals and relube. It works great now, even got my dash lights working again . The problem is I had to drop the wiper switch down too because the harness was just too short to pull the headlight switch by itself. Now my wiper switch sticks through the dash and bezel way too far to tighten things up. I can't find a spacer in there though. Does anyone have a picture breakdown or know how to walk me through this. Quite frustrating since I only took it apart 2 days ago. Getting old fella's...getting old

There should be a washer that sits on the back of the dash panel where it passes through. I just replaced my headlight switch and when I pulled the washer switch back I heard it fall onto the lip inside the dash. Perhaps that is missing?

There should be a washer that sits on the back of the dash panel where it passes through. I just replaced my headlight switch and when I pulled the washer switch back I heard it fall onto the lip inside the dash. Perhaps that is missing?
You are correct. It's a good thing I still have feeling in my finger tips. That washer is thin! Thank s for your help

-
Back