Metal work, this guy is good!

-
I have to redo the lower quarters on my car I did them myself 20 years ago and did not do it correctly lol. I used fiberglass and a piece of sheet metal and bondo, lots and lots of bondo haha I cut the rust out used fiberglass that I cut from an old camper shell for a backing and then sheet metal pop riveted to the fiberglass. I know now it's not the right way but tbh its held up very well it dont look terrible either. The bondo has bubbled up now in some places but its not as bad as one would think. I do want to go back and do it correctly now though. I'm a little worried how much rust has accumulated behind all that bondo all these years. The inner still looks good but there is no telling what I will find in there ones I start cutting the bondo and fiberglass out.

20180829_104649.jpg

20210414_195011.jpg

Agreed, fitzee is fun to watch and has some good ideas. I like the one where he used the roof of a car to make a hood cowl for a fox body mustang drag car. No english wheel needed to crown it. Very clever guy

I learned so much watching his videos. It helped me be brave enough to attempt repairs to my son's truck box! And the stuff I did isn't close to as complex as the stuff he does!

Cley
20210821_143644.jpg
20210821_143641.jpg
20210817_161049.jpg
20210815_165623.jpg

I've been advocating for this guy for a while. The techniques he uses are very cool and make the job so much easier.

I've been advocating for this guy for a while. The techniques he uses are very cool and make the job so much easier.

Greatest thing about his stuff I think, is when you sit back and look at what was done, you get a "Well, duh, makes total sense". Nothing rocket science, but well thought out and not rushed in his approach. He's pretty awesome. Just watched him make a battery tray which looked really good. made his own basic hammer form to pound the shape.

I have been watching him for quite a while. You REALLY need to try his cut and butt method as seen in post 13. It is so much easier the the butt weld method I used to use. I have learned a lot watching him. Yes, he is a Newfie.

Yeah. He's better than good.

-
Back