meter match or equivalent

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Has any one used either a meter match or other brand device on a mopar with the instrument voltage regulator? how did you wire it, and how did it work? I have a couple of Dodge trucks that needed new senders. The replacement senders are linear resistance, where the factory senders are non linear. The gauge reads empty, when there is still a lot of gas in the tank.

Several guys have used the meter match, and I tried one on the bench. I also bought a "copy" brand off ebay and have not played with it yet. I would call the meter match a "go."

These devices take the sender and scale it to the meter with some adjustments to correct it at at least 3 points on the scale So you can set the empty point, the half point and the full point at least

I have a meter match on my barracuda & it works great. I also made a calibration box if you don’t want to go to all the trouble of draining & filling the gas tank. It works for aftermarket senders. You can borrow it if you want.

F75B35CF-28D9-4C04-B508-CDA1FB1088F0.jpeg

I got one of the cheaper ones, off e-bay. I just got it installed, and have some issues. I can't say if it is the unit or the vehicle. This is a pickup with a 30 gal tank. What I did was measure what the tank held from empty. Held 32 gal from where no fuel would come out the line at the input of the fuel pump (line disconnected from the pump, and connected to a electric pump, to jugs), to fuel in the filler tube. Ign on and set the "full" setting on the adapter. Pumped out 8 gal and set the 3/4 setting. Pumped out 8 gal, and set the 1/2 setting. Pumped out another 8 gal, and set the 1/4 setting. Pumped out the last 8 gal, and set empty. Connected the fuel line back to the stock pump, and refilled the tank. With the engine off/key on gauge reads full. Key on/engine run, gauge reads less then full. I haven't driven the truck enough, yet, but it seems like the gauge reads about correct at key on/engine off, but reads erratically lower, with key on/engine run. It might be an issue with varrying vechicle voltage. I need to run the tank down, and also check voltages. Will post back when I get a chance to do some trouble shooting.

You could try powering it with another source, like another 12 volt battery or a 12v wall transformer while the car is running to see if that makes a difference.

That is one of the things I am going to try. Also see if there is a difference in the IVR output. Just need to get time. I trying to get my racecar ready for a race at the end of the month.

-
Back