Metro parts dealings.....anyone? 69 barracuda tail panel

-

hosehead

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of the 69 barracuda tail panels that metro parts has repopped? I pre-ordered one in early december w/ the promise from them that I would see it early january. So I call a couple of weeks ago and they tell me any day I should see it. Then I call again today to check on it and a different lady acts like I'm speaking gibberish to her. She says whoever said January was wrong and to call back and check THIS SUMMER!!! What the hell!! Anyone else dealing w/ this crap? Also, just wanted to see if anyone had one of these tail panels and what the quality was. It seems a bit strange to me for a parts supplier to take the money for a part that wouldn't be ready for over six months....Anyone?:wack:

Had this thread been posted before last weekend, I could've asked Joel (Metro's owner) about it for you at the WPC swap meet. I have dealt with Metro for a long time now, since way back when he first started out by just selling antenna's. He has always been an honest seller and I have never had any problems with them. Maybe call back and ask for Joel, he should be able to put you on the correct information!! Geof

I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of the 69 barracuda tail panels that metro parts has repopped? I pre-ordered one in early december w/ the promise from them that I would see it early january. So I call a couple of weeks ago and they tell me any day I should see it. Then I call again today to check on it and a different lady acts like I'm speaking gibberish to her. She says whoever said January was wrong and to call back and check THIS SUMMER!!! What the hell!! Anyone else dealing w/ this crap? Also, just wanted to see if anyone had one of these tail panels and what the quality was. It seems a bit strange to me for a parts supplier to take the money for a part that wouldn't be ready for over six months....Anyone?:wack:

I got them for a 67 model, very nice and pleased with service.
If they were ready to take your money it would have been nice to tell you they are not ready yet unless there was some miscommunication on someone's part.

Thanks Geof, I will definitely call and ask for Joel. I am hoping that this is a miscommunication. Still wanting to hear from any of you who might have bought one of these things. I am also very excited to see one on my car. They look great from the pics. I am just a little bummed because after being told that I'd have mine in january, I sold the old one. Oh well, never too old to live and learn I suppose......:eek:ops:

They had one sitting I think at the WPC show or it was a B body pannel anyways it was SEXY and looked great

I just spoke w/ them again and they said they were supposed to be in the last container but were not. And that they should be in the next one which arrives in May. Wow, they sure did not have any trouble calling my phone when they needed the payment, they must have misplaced my number to tell me that the panel would be 5 months late.....:eek:ops:

I just spoke w/ them again and they said they were supposed to be in the last container but were not. And that they should be in the next one which arrives in May. Wow, they sure did not have any trouble calling my phone when they needed the payment, they must have misplaced my number to tell me that the panel would be 5 months late.....:eek:ops:

That is why I hate to prepay for parts that aren't even manufactured yet. If they are lucky they will have the entire container of parts already paid for by customers before they get manufactured. I guess with the economy and no one wanting to have an inventory on hand that is the price we will pay whether we like it or not.

Hey, well i guess the Chinese want prepayment now!!! Must be parts cargo ships from CHINA don't come this way to often!!! :clock:

I don't see the tail panel anywhere on their website?????

-
Back