Metro upper door seals

-

David Dickerson

Stickler
Reaction score
I am having issues with the Metro upper door seals on my 74 Duster. I think I should have spent more time reading posts here before I bought them. Seems like many people are having issues. I don't really have a sealing issue. My problem is that they are too tight, and don't allow the windows to go up. I have electric life power windows, and they can only raise the window about 75% up. I talked to Greg at Precision, and he told me to use a hair dryer or heat gun and close the window for a few days. I really don't think this will compress the gasket enough to where it holds the imprint of the window. The tension is so much that my door poppers are having a hard time opening the door. I have tried all kinds of adjustments on the windows to try to improve things, but to no avail. I have Metros for the lower gasket also. I like them better, but the flap on the end towards the quarter window catches on the window and folds over if you try to raise or lower the window with the door closed. Going to call Metro on Monday. Going to put my old gaskets back in to see if the window will go up. Looks like Steele may be a better choice. May also consider Precision, although I had issues with their quarter window seals and put my originals back in. Anyone have any ideas?

-
Back