Mexican Mopar 360: i need to know how to have more horsepowers

-
I'd say yes along with a cam, but I didn't start in with cams so fast. I am not familiar with what MoPar may have done with engines so far away from home. There's also the questions of emmisions or not. Yes, I did take notice of the TQ on top and a few parts around the engine compartment not hooked up. Leads me to believe that this does not need to pass any test. But since it is there, what was in the engine to start with? Typical U.S. Equipped smog stuff needed for his location?

Was the car was needing to pass similar restrictions as the U.S. Cars?
Built where?
Possible optional equipment? I.E.; Larger cam?
Actual measured compression ratio? (Not the advertised)

Knowing this and more would help guide me (us) in a positive direction without an accidental mistake of a wrong part suggestion. His goal is not so far away that a free breathing engine just may do it. If not, and he has gotten a bit closer as I am sure he will get closer, then a cam would be in order. I just would rather suggest something that comes as close as best choice rather than ball park it.

Argentina is far enough away that the extra expense of ordering from the U.S. Would really be an issues and even more so prohibitive if the wrong part shows up.

definitely be interesting to find out actual specs...I believe they got a 275 hp 318 also...must have some compression for sure...

Yes, I remember reading that here somewhere. I wonder about those specs as well.

-
Back