Mild 360 Magnum Build

-
Heads showed up... one on Friday and one today Monday...we had a look and are going to order 2.02 and 1.6 stainless valves

F4B4DB4F-D3C4-4FF5-B373-022F1988C5CE.jpeg

Heads are cut now for 2.02 and 1.6 valves...in the next few weeks I will do a bit if grinding and see if I can get some flow numbers.

Hey 67..... Any new progress? been following this thread for very similar build (stock bottom 5.9 magnum, .028 head gasket, small valve EQ'sEQ's, and gap intake) Was checking around for cams today. From everything I have seen at FABO the specs are similar (210/219, 485-500, 112) however I spoke with lunati tech today and he said custom grind 536/541, 236 @ 4*, 110. Way different. I hate to doubt him but the guys here are driving these cars. Mine is going into a B body auto, 3.55, 2500 stall.

Last edited:
The valves seats are cut for 202/160 LS valves, on March 16 I'm going to pocket port the heads and flow them for ***** and giggles. I'm still waiting on the magnum air gap intake to show up and it should be on the Dyno in April or May ...if the snow ever melts here.

IMG_1890.JPG

Have mike jones run the numbers for you
computer gives the results
no bs
but from Him he only has solid Mopar grinds AFIK

Not really a lot to look at just did the bowls and took the sharp edges off the back of the seats. I also rolled the short side on the intake a tiny bit...if I was doing another set it would take me about 3 hours to replicate

Down to ordering push rods and waiting for the oil pan to show up...

B7465D46-7FE3-4B98-870D-51C1F81416F8.jpeg

Looks good! I just picked up 98 Durango for the 360 in it. Going to do something similar, might swap it into my dart while I go through the 340.

Well the RAMM replica 360 should be on the Dyno shortly... so you should have a good idea of what to expect.

My buddy Mike is measuring for push rods and setting up the rockers for me today. Looks like it might take a bit of tweaking...

9902268C-6F50-43E6-8747-02D8097812FA.jpeg

Need to shim the rocker mounts a good bit and order some longer push rods ... that’s what happens when you chose longer valves that just happen to be laying on the parts shelf at the machine shop

Nice work!! But I think you need to change the title if this thread! I dont think this quite qualifies as a "mild" 360 anymore. Lol its gonna be a wild ride!

Well it’s a stock bottom end with a small cam...the EQs are really easy to get great flow from with very little work

Just waiting for my friend to mill some custom pedestal shims to deal with the long valves, and still waiting for the oil pan to show up.... no big deal as it was snowing here today.

What is the general amount of preload guys are running on magnum roller lifters? We have around 65 thou with current step up...

Retro-Fit Hydraulic Roller. Good high performance street cam with slight lope. Works with all power acces- sories. Fair idle.

• Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 276/284
  • Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 210/218
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .492/.492
  • LSA/ICL: 112/106
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
  • RPM Range: 1200 - 5200

On these retro fit hydraulic roller cams when they say Gross valve lift, is that figured with 1.5 ratio rockers?

On these retro fit hydraulic roller cams when they say Gross valve lift, is that figured with 1.5 ratio rockers?
It’s always a question I ask who ever has it for sale.
Just because you never know.

I think if I remember it works out to around.525 lift with the 1.6 factory rockers with the Lunati cam I used.
I could measure the actual lift once the push rods arrive...

It’ll be lower due to pushrod angle and rocker geometry.

-
Back