milling B/RB heads

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
I am tossing this around, but have no idea on what you can and can't do with mopar stuff....or what is good and bad....
to go with the .509 cam in my *as far as i know* stock 400 bottom end, i thought about getting new stage V heads and milling .060...good, bad????

what I know now:
72 400 block and rotating assembly (was told it's out of a roadrunner)
windage tray
.509 cam
mallory ignition/dizzy
torker 383 intake
452 heads
absolutely zero idea if the heads and/or block have been milled

my thought:
get the stage V (better head), take old head off and measure for block milling, mill new heads accordingly

I think this will save the most down-time

I had thought about the indy 440SR heads, since they have 75cc chambers and would give me about 9-9.5:1, but being aluminum that would be like the iron heads now, assuming they are not milled............................
anyway...............

I wouldnt spend the money on the stage Vs. They are no differant then what you have port wise. I'd just mill what you have.

I would however replace the torker with an RPM intake.

send your 452's to a head porter who knows what he is doing!!!
dwayne porter(fast68plymouth from MOPARTS) PORTED RACING HEADS in vt. ports BIGBLOCK mopar heads...he can get your 452's to flow really well!!!

you need to find out how much comp. you have and then he can tell you what,if any, that you can mill off....your gonna want to run between 10:1- 11:1 comp. with the .509 cam.

if it were me ,id put on a GOOD single plane intake like the M-1

my uncle has a 68 roadrunner with a 440,.030,STOCK crank and rods,TRW with around 10:1 comp.,915's with 2.14/1.88,holley strip dom. and a 850dp
727 10" 3800 dynamic,3: exhaust and 4:56's and with LITTLE tuning it went 12.40@106

-
Back