Milodon oil level

-

Edsrt

Reaction score
Just wondering how much oil people are running with a Milodon oil pan. Right now I am running 5 quarts while breaking in the motor. The engine is a 2012 5.7 out of a ram and not using a oil filter relocation kit. I know the stock pan is 7 quarts, just worried about windage.

I bought the Milodon "roadrace" pan with the side bump-outs, Specifically for the depth to run the stock 4.5/5 quarts, , to reduce windage at the7000 rpm shift-point. AND I run the hi-volume pump so I could increase oiling to the top end, to further reduce the oil level in the pan. Then I redirected the drain back to the rear of the heads and valley where my hope was to drop the oil back into the pan, at the back.
I cannot say if it was worth the bother or not, except that, by the trapspeed, my car seems to be making more power than the combo would be expected to. Plus, with one size smaller cam, and overdrive, she made fantastic fuel-economy, while having a considerably slower trapspeed. HOWEVER; the smaller cam was way more street fun.

-
Back