Mini rachet set- Who has one and which did you buy?

-

SLOPAR72

Reaction score
I need to step up from the basic one I have and get a set with some bones. All opinions are welcome and money isn't the first line of defense on this one (lol) as I want a good one and it will see use at my job almost daily....

Thanks,
JW

Well, there is nothing in this post that the OP is looking for ...but you cant go wrong with Pittsburg PRO line (HF) if you have an HF close. Its like the new Sears where you just bring the busted one in and grab a replacement off the shelf. Decent quality and you wont lose sleep for losing one. I got a set of Pittsburg PRO deeps in 1/2 and 3/8 drive and I have not lost one yet. Probably because they are different colors.
71STKMKPGrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I like to buy Cornwell from Pawn shops or from eBay. I pay a fifth of what they sell for and still has a lifetime warranty.

The best $14.00 I've spent in a long time. Pulled my "bacon out of the fire," several times. I have two sets, one at the business and the other at my home shop. "Down right finer than frog hair," It can accommodate a 1/4" drive also.
8810_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=3xJBCd39AXwAX_xdjF3&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Don’t shoot the messenger - I use Snap-on.

expensive - yes. But rarely do they break on me. My set in my tool box at my shop has been good to me for over 25 years. I paid like $175 then-now the set is $400.00. I have a second set in my service truck and a 3rd set in my service van. Again 1 broken ratchet in all these years.

I have these from snap-on in both sae/metric. They don't get used all of the time, but when you need them.. lifesavers. I think gear wrench makes a similar set that is more budget friendly.

112RT.jpg

I have these from snap-on in both sae/metric. They don't get used all of the time, but when you need them.. lifesavers. I think gear wrench makes a similar set that is more budget friendly.

View attachment 1715735516

I have that set in SAE! You're right too. They have got me out of some tough spots.

I’ve got under $20 tied up on all these. About 5-3 years ago Sears was winging deals on their online site.

the red one is 72 tooth. I think someone sells a re-label of this

the nice chrome one feels more fine tooth. But not sure of the number

071420C2-6E2A-493A-958F-80804F66261F.jpeg

Last edited:
if i wanted to buy a mini, i would see if stanley makes a mini rotator ratchet

i have one in 3/8 and it is really cool, but this is the smallest one i could find

61-odhbZiuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

and this is why it is cool

What does it do for sockets?
there is a 1/4 drive ratchet bit on the third row far right

looks like you pop that in and it acts just like a regular ratchet

20210510_133908.jpg
I just bought this off amazon a couple of weeks ago. I think it was like $16, w/free shipping. Pretty sure it was less than $20, or I wouldn't have bought it. Pretty decent, unfortunately not SAE, but I just keep it in the trunk of my 09 charger, which is mostly metric anyways.

These two little 90 screw drivers also work amazing in tight spots. Just have to use the 1/4 adapter for your favorite sockets.
318CE795-ECA0-442E-A780-164394C61E1C.jpeg

if i wanted to buy a mini, i would see if stanley makes a mini rotator ratchet

i have one in 3/8 and it is really cool, but this is the smallest one i could find

View attachment 1715735565

and this is why it is cool

there is a 1/4 drive ratchet bit on the third row far right

looks like you pop that in and it acts just like a regular ratchet

Now that's an interesting tool!

Well, the fat lady has sung lol..... For my needs at work I believe this will fit the bill. It seems small and plenty strong with a couple of knurls here and there to help with fasteners..... A tick over $100.00 but it only takes one project at work for me to justify the cost. I hate working on things and not having a tool that I know is available and will make my life easier...

JW

Image310380126.jpg

Well, the fat lady has sung lol..... For my needs at work I believe this will fit the bill. It seems small and plenty strong with a couple of knurls here and there to help with fasteners..... A tick over $100.00 but it only takes one project at work for me to justify the cost. I hate working on things and not having a tool that I know is available and will make my life easier...

JW

View attachment 1715747568
Where’s the sockets?

-
Back