mini starter solenoid stud relocation

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
While installing the mini starter in the valiant today, i noticed the mopar mini starter is missing the relocation piece that moves the battery stud away from the block. Not sure im making sence here, but there is a piece that gets installed over the main stud and it moves the cable out away from the block with another stud. is this piece available? I looked at the picture of the starter mancini sells and its clearly visible on there web site:help:

I noticed that on mine...I was just going to grind the stud down after installing the cable.

mine is so close to the block i dont think youll get the nut started on the stud. The relocation piece has a plastic insulator that protects the stud from contacting the block.

I removed mine to keep the connectors away from the exhaust..
They are out and away now, it just looks real close :glasses7:
Let me see if I still have it, I will get back here tomorrow

Attachments

• Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20032.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,104
I removed mine to keep the connectors away from the exhaust..
They are out and away now, it just looks real close :glasses7:
Let me see if I still have it, I will get back here tomorrow
Thanks! let me know, and if you cant find it, maybe some idea of where i can find one. Im currently looking in jegs and napa with no luck.

Thanks! let me know, and if you cant find it, maybe some idea of where i can find one. Im currently looking in jegs and napa with no luck.

you may have to go to the salvage yard and buy a used starter off a dakota to get the part your wanting, don't think they make it new anymore

a used JY starter should only be $15-$25 and you can re sell the starter after you remove the relocation stud off it as its still fully fuctional

SSDAN's Quote:

If additional clearance is needed for the connection terminals on the starter, take a look at this photo:

ND_Starter_terminals_zps30148105.jpg

This shows different terminal adaptors made for this starter.

Pictured on the (short-frame) starter motor: Stock original RWD Dodge truck and van terminal adaptor. This is the type that came on 3.9, 5.2, and 5.9 engines.

Other adaptors pictured left to right next to the starter:

•Mitsu 3.0 V6 terminal adaptor

•2.2/2.5 4-cylinder terminal adaptor

•3.3 LH-car terminal adaptor (only for the battery cable; the solenoid trigger connects directly to the starter body without any adaptor).

You can get these bits at your local auto electrical rebuilding house. Here are the WAI part numbers (WAI/Transpo is a major worldwide supplier of rebuild parts for automotive rotating electricals). Also supplied are the Lester numbers for the three non-RWD variants of this starter assembly. Refer to the photo above for visual ID. Each setup requires three parts: The B+ (battery) terminal extension, the S+ (solenoid winding) terminal extension, and the plastic insulator block.

For the RWD 3.9/5.2/5.9:
------------------------------------------
Terminal block, includes B+ and S+ extensions: 76-82568
Cover, motor housing B & S terminals: 72-82100

For the 3.0L starter (Lester No. 17020):
Insulator block: 72-82101
B+ extension: 76-82556
S+ extension: 76-82557

For the 2.2L/2.5L starter (Lester No. 17007):
Insulator block: 72-82102
B+ extension: 76-82562
S+ extension: 76-82563

For the 3.3L LH starter (Lester No. 17460):
---------------------------------------------
Insulator block: 72-82104
B+ extension: 76-82566
Cover: 72-82103

Since I'm posting this info, I'll go a step further and post this link, http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Starter.shtml, which contains detailed information (including P/Ns) for solenoid repair on the ND mini starter. This is practically the only repair ever required on those starters.

Be careful when you're shopping for one of these starters; most of the "100% New!!!!!" ones you find on the internet and at parts stores are Chinese knockoff junk, not real Denso units. A used real one is a much better bet than a new counterfeit one.

If additional clearance is needed for the connection terminals on the starter, take a look at this photo:

ND_Starter_terminals_zps30148105.jpg

Pictured on the (short-frame) starter motor: Stock original RWD Dodge truck and van terminal adaptor. This is the type that came on 3.9, 5.2, and 5.9 engines.

•3.3 LH-car terminal adaptor (only for the battery cable; the solenoid trigger connects directly to the starter body without any adaptor).

You can get these bits at your local auto electrical rebuilding house. Here are the WAI part numbers (WAI/Transpo is a major worldwide supplier of rebuild parts for automotive rotating electricals). Also supplied are the Lester numbers for the three non-RWD variants of this starter assembly. Refer to the photo above for visual ID. Each setup requires three parts: The B+ (battery) terminal extension, the S+ (solenoid winding) terminal extension, and the plastic insulator block.

For the RWD 3.9/5.2/5.9:

Since I'm posting this info, I'll go a step further and post this link, http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Starter.shtml, which contains detailed information (including P/Ns) for solenoid repair on the ND mini starter. This is practically the only repair ever required on those starters.

Be careful when you're shopping for one of these starters; most of the "100% New!!!!!" ones you find on the internet and at parts stores are Chinese knockoff junk, not real Denso units. A used real one is a much better bet than a new counterfeit one.
Wow! nice. thats the part!

I see this topic has became a hot mover in the for sale section.

Here's the parts you need to convert your starter over and where to buy them.

Insulator block: 72-82101 $0.85
B+ extension: 76-82556 $0.90
S+ extension: 76-82557 $0.90

Here's the link to the place I bought them:

Alternator and Starter Parts Wholesale

Nippondenso starter terminal posts Alternator Parts - Starter Parts - Repair kits

However there is a $10.00 minimum order plus shipping.

Here was my order.
Your Shopping Basket
Price Unit Price Remove

TERMINAL POST EXTENSION
- 76-82556 ($0.90)

$4.50 $0.90 Quantity: 5

COVER, BATTERY TERMINAL
- 72-82101 ($0.85)

$4.25 $0.85 Quantity: 5

TERMINAL POST EXTENSION
- 76-82557 ($0.90)

$4.50 $0.90 Quantity: 5

$13.25 Subtotal

$8.95Shipping

$22.20 Grand Total

For enough parts to do 5 starters at $4.44 per starter.

Tom

Last edited:
It really surprises me how many people do not read this section. They are buying the terminals in the for sale section like crazy and they could be getting so much more if only they read this thread. Oh well that's how people get rich. They say, Knowledge is Power. In this case Knowledge is Cash.

Tom

I sell these kits for 16.49 each for 1 or 15.49 each for 2. Keep in mind I sell OEM quality on these, not the Chinese junk that a lot of guys sell. When you pay shipping, PayPal fees, bubble mailers and the time to put them together it's definitely NOT a get rich scheme. I'm lucky to make a few dollars on the kits. I'm also a total Mopar freak and use these on my own cars and my 69 Power Wagon. Happy New Year everyone!!!

SSDAN's Quote:

View attachment 1715321197

For the RWD 3.9/5.2/5.9:

Since I'm posting this info, I'll go a step further and post this link, Toyota/Chrysler/Mitsubishi - Nippon Denso Starter Solenoid Repair, which contains detailed information (including P/Ns) for solenoid repair on the ND mini starter. This is practically the only repair ever required on those starters.

Here's just another fine example of the idea that, "Often times a man's life in these parts depends upon a mere scrap of information."

Well played my friend, well played!

I sell these kits for 16.49 each for 1 or 15.49 each for 2. Keep in mind I sell OEM quality on these, not the Chinese junk that a lot of guys sell. When you pay shipping, PayPal fees, bubble mailers and the time to put them together it's definitely NOT a get rich scheme. I'm lucky to make a few dollars on the kits. I'm also a total Mopar freak and use these on my own cars and my 69 Power Wagon. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Do you still sell these kits if so I would like to buy one. Thanks

-
Back