Mini Starter?

-
On the oreilly website, i looked up starters for a 1992 dakota, and then a 1997 dakota and there were different part numbers for the different years, but yall say both will work? They both looked the same so not sure why the different part numbers..?

Vast majority of folks indicate they bought a mini starter for a ‘92 to ‘96 Dakota. Go with that. Not sure why you’re looking at a ‘97 starter and wondering why the part numbers are different? At a certain point you’re gonna need to pull the trigger.

There used to be someone on here that made and sold an adapter kit to put the terminals down on the side of the mini starter where they need to be so its not suc a pain in the but to install the battery cables. Anyone know how to get those adapters?
Well if anybody knows me I'm hard pressed to spend money. What I did was got the two wrenches that fit the the two starter bolts and put them in my vise heated them up and bend a 90 degree angle on both of them. Instead of bringing the adapter around to the side I made it so my wrench can go up there and do the job...free..
As far as my mini starter I went to the local Pick-n-Pull and got one out of what looked like a mid-to-late 90s Ram truck. It was $22... Two bolts and clip the two wires and took it home and doused it in WD-40 and wiped it off and repeated that two more times until it looked brand new. Like I was told I Believe 318willrun (better known these days as 318hasvalvesthatwillfly lol) the factory mini starter is made different than the aftermarket Chevy copy mini starter. As stated by somebody when is the last time you had to replace your factory starter in your Magnum motor? It seems like they were built to last the life of the motor. My $80 parts store mini starter only lasted a couple seasons and the new/used junkyard starter is giving me a feeling like it will never quit...

-
Back