Mini Tub exhaust ideas wanted

-

FlDart360

Reaction score
Has anyone with a mini tubed A body come up with a workaround to run their exhaust past the rear axle? I know if I swapped the gas tank for a fuel cell that would work, but I am not crazy about that idea. On my car a 71 Dart it looks like the passenger side is the problem. The driver side looks like it could be done. I’m interested in hearing what other have done. Pictures would be nice.

I went with a TA style exhaust on my Duster. Nice and simple. I have a set of chrome tips i am going to put on in the spring. Here is a picture when i was pulling it out of storage this past spring.

Screenshot_20191220-171715_Gallery.jpg

There are a few discussions on this if you do a search. Not many pics but some. One guy narrowed his tank and another talked about using a mustang tank. It can happen. The successful ones were using different hanger locations. I searched using the word tub and the word exhaust and came up with 20 related threads. Good luck. I'm tubbed but no exhaust myself.

There's plenty of room between the leaf springs and the frame rails to get tail pipes bent to go between them, and then run back on the outside of the frame rail. Any competent exhaust shop should be able to do that for you.

Edit....go to the thread below, and look at Dubob's pics on page 1. Exactly what I described above.

Lets see your exhaust systems with relocated leaf spring

Last edited:
-
Back