Mini tub exhaust

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Alright guy's and gal's, I installed mini tubs and brought my springs inboard last year. I run 3" to super 40 Flowmasters, and dump them in front of rear axle. Just happened to be sitting behind it at a car show today, and realized how far offset the gas tank is. My question is, how the hell do you run exhaust out the back if I ever wanted to, never realized how close the pass side spring is to the gas tank? Is it even possible with stock tank, or would I need a fuel cell? Hate to put a cell in car, so how have you guys done it??

Thanks Jeff

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4898.JPG

Over the axle then over the leaf spring (towards the outside of the spring) then straight out the back.

Treblig

Have any pics I can show my exhaust guy ??

No, but I'm sure someone will post some good pics as many members have used that method. I have "off set" shackles so I still had room for the regular route.
Looks like you still have room for more tire???

treblig

Oh god yeah, these are 275/60/15, I took 5" off stock length housing. I have 2 " on each side yet lol! And just for the record, I used a B body rearend to cut up not my stock A body 8 3/4 lol

No, but I'm sure someone will post some good pics as many members have used that method. I have "off set" shackles so I still had room for the regular route.
Looks like you still have room for more tire???

treblig

We're going to take 2" total off my buddies ragtop 68 GTS, and do the offset shackles, how do you like them??

We're going to take 2" total off my buddies ragtop 68 GTS, and do the offset shackles, how do you like them??

They worked out great!! The only small issue was cutting a small hole into the outer frame so that the bolt/nut (front shackle) has a place to live. That way the front shackle sits flat up against the frame. I remember riding in a brand new 440 GTS back in '69....thought I was gonna die when we topped a very high bridge going 120MPH and found that there was a big accident at the bottom of the bridge. The driver had to lay on the brakes while down shifting for a good 150-200 yards (going down hill) to avoid wrecking his new car!!!!

treblig

I remember riding in a brand new 440 GTS back in '69....thought I was gonna die when we topped a very high bridge going 120MPH and found that there was a big accident at the bottom of the bridge. The driver had to lay on the brakes while down shifting for a good 150-200 yards (going down hill) to avoid wrecking his new car!!!!

treblig[/QUOTE]
Lol, yeah I owned a 383 68 GTS back in the 80's with manual steering and brakes , there a Handful to stop and steer!! Not the most driver friendly cars

-
Back