mini tub pictures

-
Dart2012007Medium.jpg

Mini tubbed, Strange 60 narrowed 4 inches on each side, 325/50/15s on 15x10 wheels with 3 1/2 inch bs Fits like a glove!! I have about 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance in the front and outside with absolutely NO RUBBING!!! I measured about 100 times before ordering my wheels.

I like your Dart alot . My freind had a black GTS in 1987 . I was driving and got hit in the rear. He was killed in a unrelated car accident and his father left the GTS to me. I sold it and regret it. Everytime I see you car it brings back the days of driving his. I had bought another and was goung to restore it but foolishly sold it again. One day I will find another and I will keep it. It will look simular to yours. I like the fact that you didn't cut the quarters. One reason I sold my second one . Here is a pic of number two if anyone knows where it is the quarter were cut. It was originally silver with black int and red belt stripes. Sold it about 10 years back , in Pa. Again nice car. 68's are my favorate. Steve

Attachments

• scan0013.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 2,361
15 X 12 with a 7 inch back space. Tires are 29 - 14.5 hooziers. I moved the rear back 1/2 inch and quarters front 3/4 inch.

They just touch when turning onto an upgrade. In the rear it was just scuffing the paint. That is why I added the little stainless mud flaps. Now the tires only touch there once in awhile, I plan on replacing them with 28 - 14.5 Something I should have used from the start .

I used the wheels off the Belidere below for fitment for the back space when we did the work. Yes its a Hemi 4spd car Started life as a 383 4spd. Was raced in Canada out of Allentown Pa. Its still setting down the street in a Barn where I put it next to a Red 67 GTX 440 4spd. In about the same condition. Both are covered with Boxes and Dust next to another Duster Drag car.

I keep saying one day. But probably not. If any they will probably Be in My sons future. I took The Dart pictured above that was sitting next to them and brought it home. I should have left it there. The Dart was a Hemi car also but originally a 340 4spd. The problem is I sell things and then regret it. I am better off leaving them where they are. I the K-frame is still in the 65, The Hemi was sold to a good freind but I am getting it back shortly. I kebt the dana out of the 68 dart. I am concetrating on my one 71 Duster right now. Then I will move on to the next. If I get over to the 65 I will take pics of That old school tubbing. What a disaster On Those welds . But It is a piece of History. I LIKE BIG TIRES ON CARS . I DON'T LIKE THE LOOKS OF CARS WITH SKINNIES ON THE REAR. I can remember driving my original 69 Corronet R/t's , I had two. One in 71 and another in 73. If you wanted to pass you had to get it out into the other lane before you touched the throttle. Otherwise you would lose go sideways . The 70' series bias ply tires er rediculas on these cars. anyone who left them on was a fool. The biggest tire and wheel that I had on My RR's were 9 inch with L60 15 on the street. and 10 - 15 firestone slicks. Tubbing back then was not common. You would see alot of cars with air shocks and shackles and Tires sticking 6 inches out of the quarters. Guys would cut an flare there fenders to fit tires they bought. Rather then by the tires that would fit. By big and deep and worry about the fit when they came. Wel lI can go on but someone just pulled in.

View attachment 15.jpg

View attachment 16.jpg

View attachment 20.jpg

View attachment 18.jpg

View attachment dus3.jpg

View attachment hemi3.jpg

View attachment hemi2.jpg

You would see alot of cars with air shocks and shackles and Tires sticking 6 inches out of the quarters. Guys would cut an flare there fenders to fit tires they bought. Rather then by the tires that would fit. By big and deep and worry about the fit when they came.

LOL, you just described my old friend with his Camaro. I remember going to Montgomery Wards with him and ordering a set of N50-15 tires, as big as they came. Tires came in, he bought a set of airshocks, cranked the rear WAY up and called it good...

My name for that has always been Puerto Rican Pro Stock :D

Great thread! Lots of sweet cars!

72BBS,
Im sorry that is wrong.
they are 17x10.5 w 6.8" backspace/1.10" offset
Andrew
No biggy man I just read where you said "stock rear" and thought NO WAY! Just dont want anyone mislead with wheel fitment since its bad enough even with the right info.

I will tell you with those specs and the disc brake stuff it shoved it out 1/2" and I had to do surgery on the inner fender to relieve the rub! I cut out the inner fender and patched the outer skin back to the tubs in order to use those tires/rims. I also cut the flange down to 1/2" to make more room. I still have 2.5" inside between the tire and the frame rail. If money were not an object I would get bigger tires and custom rims.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo149.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,315
  • Photo148.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 2,271
  • Photo147.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,357
Dart2012007Medium.jpg

Mini tubbed, Strange 60 narrowed 4 inches on each side, 325/50/15s on 15x10 wheels with 3 1/2 inch bs Fits like a glove!! I have about 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance in the front and outside with absolutely NO RUBBING!!! I measured about 100 times before ordering my wheels.

Very nice Brian.......

PM sent as well

I will tell you with those specs and the disc brake stuff it shoved it out 1/2" and I had to do surgery on the inner fender to relieve the rub! I cut out the inner fender and patched the outer skin back to the tubs in order to use those tires/rims. I also cut the flange down to 1/2" to make more room. I still have 2.5" inside between the tire and the frame rail. If money were not an object I would get bigger tires and custom rims.
Andrew
I always forget to mention my fender lip is rolled. Did that way back when to fit some old McCrearys and cop car 15x7s. I plan on getting mine widened another 2" to better accomodate the 335s. So ill end up with an 18x12 with 9.2" of backspacing! Then rear discs and I should be :burnout:

325-50 15 on 15x10 welds with 6" bs , should have 7" bs though

Attachments

• demon pictures 009 (Small).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,415
  • demon pictures 010 (Small).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,458
Nice Demon. Any diff mod?
Would 7" bs let you lower it?

no diff mod at this point, need the extra inch to bring the tire in, I don't have the drums on now, I have plenty of room to go in. With the 6" bs, it is close to the wheel lip. clears it now but maybe not with the drums on!

Lets see some more minitub in-progress pictures guys, im gettin ready to tear the valiant apart to minitub it and just getting some ideas...

Thanks! Im not sure why more people don't do it that way. I hate a car that sits up like a dump truck our has the wheel way inward of the quarter to get it down low. Doesnt look the best in the pics but it turned out good, I'm going to just metal bond the outer piece to the to the inside of the quarter and then seam seal the whole thing up.

Thanks! Im not sure why more people don't do it that way. I hate a car that sits up like a dump truck our has the wheel way inward of the quarter to get it down low. Doesnt look the best in the pics but it turned out good, I'm going to just metal bond the outer piece to the to the inside of the quarter and then seam seal the whole thing up.

I did a triangulated 4 link on mine with a mini tub. 325/50/15's with a 10" Wheel & 5.5 Back Space. I used a B Body 8 3/4. It gets pretty low and I can bury at least 1.5" of the rim in the wheel well without rubbing anything. It can be done but there is no room for error. I measured the rear axle 10 times before I had it narrowed 3.75" on each side. I have about 1" clearance on both sides of the tire. Alot of work...

Some pictures of the mock up.

Attachments

• mini tub etc 031.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2,130
  • mini tub etc 029-1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2,183
  • mini tub etc 026.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 2,216
  • mini tub etc 023-1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,085
  • mini tub etc 022-1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,669
  • mini tub etc 015.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,762
325-50 15 on 15x10 welds with 6" bs , should have 7" bs though

So I'm guessing you moved your springs in? My measurement from drum face to inner side of spring is 6". That would limit backspace to something under 6".

I get 5 1/4" from drum face to inner fender for a total spring to fender width of 11 1/4". I'm gessing your tires are about that wide.

Inner side of spring to frame is 3 3/4" extra space with spring relocation.

Those Darts look great set down low. I'm figuring what I'll need to achieve a similar stance with my Demon clone.

Something I wonder about is how all that rubber will limit the ability to light up the tires. I'm planning a 360 magnum built to about 450 hp.

Rear tires are Sportsman pros 29 x 12.50, 10" rims with 3.5 backspacing.

Attachments

• Pinks 2010.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,917
  • Picture 565.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,867
-
Back