mininum bore size

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
...........440 block........I have Indy EZs with 2.25 intake and 1.81 ex valves........if I figured this right I need .055 over it.....does that seem right?...........kim..

Isn't the Hemi bore smaller? I thought they would accept a 2.25" intake valve.

Maybe run a Hemi. lol

........yes the hemi bore is 4.25, but has the valves at an angle so it don't need a big bore size..........kim.....

I know. That's why I was sayin just run a Hemi. Funny how I can just spend crap outta your money ain't it? lol

I can relate to that. Even my old one cost a chunk. And I ain't quite through with it.

.055 over will surely fit. I can't remember for sure but Pop's 440 was .030 or .040 over and we were using 2.25 intake valves in the EZ heads we tested.

.055 over will surely fit. I can't remember for sure but Pop's 440 was .030 or .040 over and we were using 2.25 intake valves in the EZ heads we tested.

Only half that per side, so that would lead me to suspect they might fit in the stock bore.

................no, the valves will not clear stock 4.32 bore, at least their too close for my liking...............kim..........

They might fit !!

You sound like a 'Top-Notch' back-woods mechanic ..........

Is that your best answer ...... 'inexactitude'

Yeah. I guess that's all I've ever been.

how did you come up with that bore size vs valve size? would you use arpm head on a 383? kinda the same situation.

................I also asked a couple of builders and they both said I would need that bore size............I set 1 head on a 440 std bore block ....there sure doesn't seem to be anything for clearance..........kim..........

................I also asked a couple of builders and they both said I would need that bore size............I set 1 head on a 440 std bore block ....there sure doesn't seem to be anything for clearance..........kim..........

Kim,

Got to go to 4.380" {+.060"} with the 2.25" Intakes.

Those Baby's will touch the side of the Cylinder Wall with a High-Lift
Camshaft in a standard 4.32" Bore.

I know, because we did it on several 440's.

.........Thanks.....I have a .704 lift custom grind Lunati solid roller so I don't need any problems that can be avoided with some research......I didn't want to go that big but I don't seem to have much choice.....kim...........

.........Thanks.....I have a .704 lift custom grind Lunati solid roller so I don't need any problems that can be avoided with some research......I didn't want to go that big but I don't seem to have much choice.....kim...........

Kim,

'Westech' has a good article about using 2.25" Intakes on a Mopar 440.

They were using a Competition Cams Roller .650" Lift with
1.6 Ratio Aluminum Rockers.

They had to go {+.060"} over to bring the 440 to 452 Cubes.

Kim,

'Westech' has a good article about using 2.25" Intakes on a Mopar 440.

They were using a Competition Cams Roller .650" Lift with
1.6 Ratio Aluminum Rockers.

They had to go {+.060"} over to bring the 440 to 452 Cubes.

..........Thanks..........do u have a link.....................kim........

-
Back